Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Crazy Sat. Nav. directions.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
TMC

Any idea where to find the TMC option, and how you would enable it. It does not appear to be a free service in the US.

Post #11038916th Dec 2006 2:00 am
jeff

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

simon wrote:
jeff wrote:
what the heck is at that roundabout on the M40 at Warwick that my disco so desperately wants to see Confused

A big sign saying "April Fool" Laughing Laughing

Thinking about it, its going past Longbridge and Solihull, I reckon there's a British Leyland homing pigeon powering the satnav! Very Happy
 D3 TDV6SE
Defender 110 V8 lpg

www.carlyonbay.net
www.thepavillioncarlyonbay.co.uk 

Post #11042516th Dec 2006 11:18 am
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Re: TMC

tlt wrote:
Any idea where to find the TMC option, and how you would enable it. It does not appear to be a free service in the US.

It is not either in France and thus, as L.R FRance did not pay, we don't have it ! Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

I am quite upset by that !
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #11043416th Dec 2006 12:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Seems it's not just me then! I've previously used Smartnav which is brilliant 99% of the time. D3Matt kindly mailed me excellent fitting instructions for Smartnav as he has recently installed it. Problem is I might change my D3 in March, so I don't want to fit it until I know either way.

Post #11044816th Dec 2006 2:36 pm
Pelyma

England 

That it is the issue with smartnav. The D3 satnav is great in the final approaches but not for the whole journey and a nightmare when towing, it likes town centres Evil or Very Mad Can smartnav be fitted in a way it is easily installed and removed? Does it now do speed cameras and what does it cost? Does D3Matt sell/install it?
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #11050116th Dec 2006 7:53 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

TomTom likes town centres also... routes you to the M5 from my place via 2 very busy places in the morning. Always have to do a 'travel via' to get the best route there.

Mind you. If your sat nav was updated with traffic history for all the roads in Western Europe... it would need a rather large HD inside.

Post #11051016th Dec 2006 8:31 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
That it is the issue with smartnav. The D3 satnav is great in the final approaches but not for the whole journey and a nightmare when towing, it likes town centres Evil or Very Mad Can smartnav be fitted in a way it is easily installed and removed? Does it now do speed cameras and what does it cost? Does D3Matt sell/install it?

Pelyma, I know you use your D3 for work & Smartnav is by far the best system for such use as it is uses realtime data. Therefore, if it's 2.00am it will be fine to drive through the centre of city, if that's the most direct route, but at 5.00pm it will divert you around the centre etc. Much better imo than the latest BMW system or anything else that I've used, although for a portable system TomTom was very impressive.
Smartnav does have an option for speed cameras, don't know how good it is though as everyone I know with Smartnav also uses a RoadAngel or similar.
Fitting it to my HSV took about 2.5 hours, had the local dealer fit it. Matt will hopefully read this & tell us how long it took to install in his D3.
I'd imagine the combination of the map on the screen in the D3 & Smartnav for directions would be fantastic.
Can't recall the costs, you'll need to check the website. Certainly wasn't cheap when compared to the portables, but it really is so much better. The facility to talk to an operator who will find the place you want even if you don't have the full address or postcode, or maybe just the nearest Natwest bank or whatever and then download the quickest route is so convenient. All at the press of one button.

Post #11067918th Dec 2006 12:56 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >