Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Cybex Sirona Rear Facing Car Seat Problems in D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
GFOS31

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto BarossaDiscovery 4
Cybex Sirona Rear Facing Car Seat Problems in D4

I am after Some advice from some of you fellow Parents. I recently Upgraded My D3 to a D4. We have a Cybes Sirona Rear Facing Car Seat. The D3 MY05 was a Base Spec and had only 5 Seat. The Cybex Car Seat Fitted in the D3 with no Problem. Since Getting the D4 HSE MY13 (7 Seat) and fitting the Cybex rear facing in the Car, we cant fit it behind the Drivers Seat as I cant get my seat back far enough without it hitting the car Seat (I only have Short Legs) so we have had to fit it behind the Passenger seat and when my wife sits in she has to have her seat so far forward that her Nees touch the Glove Box. So Not an Ideal Situation. 2 Questions, are the middle Row Seats on a 7 Seater further forward than on a 5 seater. and secondly has anyone else had a similar issue. I would rather not change the car seat if I have to as it has a high Safety rating and we paid a lot of money for it for that reason. Cybex say that the Seat is compatible with the D4.

Post #191673020th Feb 2018 12:55 pm
flagre

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto HavanaDiscovery 4

I feel your pain and agony. Have the same seat, moving over from a Volvo V70. Better in the Volvo, but still a bit tight. D4 is just doable. We have it on the driver seat side. Knees almost touch console up front. But, before our oldest moved to forward facing at the age of four we needed a bigger rear facing seat. The BeSafe something. That was, even in the Volvo a nightmare. Would certainly not work in the D4. In that sense the Sirona is quite good and we hope his sister does not outgrow him in such a way that the size of the kid determines we need a new car. A bit ironic, given we do have space for 7 Smile In all honesty I thought about making brackets for one of the swing forward seats to bring it back 3-4 cm to remedy this. Well, I am just glad I do not own a Defender in this situation.

Post #191886325th Feb 2018 7:41 pm
Mattt

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

We’ve got 2 swivel seats and only one of them fits really (Maxi Cosi AxissFix)- even then there’s not tons of legroom in the front.

The Britax we took on the test drive technically fitted but there was no room in the front.

I do have screens in my headrests, so I don’t know if they maybe project a little bit further backward than non-RSE cars.

Post #191886625th Feb 2018 7:49 pm
Ben4

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

can you post up some pics.

How old are your kids?

I have two kid seats, a rear facing maxi cosy for the 1 yr old and a swivel Britax for the 4 yr old (that faces forwards)

I'm over 6ft but fit in the drivers seat with the seat back

My car is on '07 D3 7 seats
 formerly Disco3Ben

2016 D4, Santorini Black
2007 D3, Black - sold 

Post #191890725th Feb 2018 9:19 pm
carroll493d

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

I have the cybex sirona and it's the same in the d4 and even worse in the mrs quasqai. Just a big seat, but worth the knee pain for the safety rating in my opinion.
I presume you've got it pushed as close to the seat as possible

Post #191893025th Feb 2018 10:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >