GLYNNE

England 

Seem to be holding their prices still

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313888433349?ha...SwpzNiFmbi

Post #228385116th Mar 2022 7:49 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3
MOT Next Week

The impending MOT reminded me I've not posted any updates on Tango the G4 for a while. Few updates since last year...

Starting with the bad news...

Whilst deep cleaning the roof rack (platform surface tends to get mouldy) I lost my footing when climbing off via the rear ladder and put a solid foot onto the edge of the glass alpine roof..... CRACK. Very annoying.

Took the rack off and used the opportunity to give the roof itself a good clean. We think it's the first time it's been taken off in 15 years... some well seized on screws!

At the windscreen shop awaiting its new roof panel - looking a bit bald without its roof rack. Ended up taking a few days as the shop ordered the wrong glass panel from JLR, apparently there are a few different variants across D3/D4 dependent on your roof antenna style.

Genuine LR Pilkington glass roof refitted and tested for leaks - all good. Decided not to go through insurance (upon their advice!!) so that ended up being a £984.43 mistake to me...

Noticed a bit of bubbling / peeling paint on the front of the roof above the windscreen after taking the rack off. Had this tidied up by a local body shop before the roof was refitted - just a quick job as it's mostly hidden away under the rack.

Finally, after doing all this I discovered a new paint blister on the N/S rear panel. Haven't addressed this yet as the rest of the car seems to be fine (have checked it all over carefully) and stripping the decals for another respray will be a nuisance. But will have to do it one day...

Moving onto the good news...

Bought a kayak in the summer, one of the original Pyranha ones from the G4 Challenge. Took it out on the water in the east and west coasts of Scotland - great fun.

Finally, fitted a fresh set of tyres the other week. Shopped around and looked at various alternatives but ended up coming back to the old faithful Duratrac, as wasn't convinced by anything else for all round usage. They're also our approved professional off road tyre at work for new Land Rovers too.

Next stop is the annual service and MOT next week. Averaging about 3-4k miles between oil changes and MOTs at the moment as it's no longer the daily drive. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading.
Chris
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #232732720th Feb 2023 9:30 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Shame about the accident, but it’s looking good.

Post #232734620th Feb 2023 11:30 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Lookin very good. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Top glass not covered by insurance?

Post #232740320th Feb 2023 5:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 8 <12345678
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >