Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

D3 2.7 Oil Pressure Switch wiring.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
SomersetTaz

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Pete,

Thanks for your help with this. Regarding the oil pressure switch wiring, it does go open circuit so I think the loom is OK. So pointing at an dash issue.

Do you think the lack of temp gauge reading is another issue with the dash or possibly unrelated? Seems too much of a coincidence. What could cause this issue with the dash?

BTW I noticed on another forum that oil pressure light can sometimes stay on due to a fault in an oil temperature sensor going u/s. Is that anyone else's experience?

Very many thanks

Post #217503521st Sep 2020 1:05 pm
Miltz94

United Kingdom 

SomersetTaz wrote:
Another update:

Instrument cluster out and wiring checked out ok. Plug connector, pins and cluster itself immaculately clean. Before the check I had (as well as the oil pressure warning light permanently on when the ignition is on) I now have no reading on the temperature gauge. IID confirms no problem with temperature and no comms faults relating to the temperature. The IID still registers an oil pressure signal plausibility error.

Not getting anywhere fast any suggestions (other than a match to the car) welcome. Many thanks.

Hi Taz
I have exactly the same issue checked wiring all OK. Switch is working fine (breaks the circuit when up to pressure).
My IP is currently away getting repaired hopefully when back will be all good will let u know.

Cheers

Ryan

Post #217680529th Sep 2020 12:35 pm
SomersetTaz

Thanks Ryan

Post #217682829th Sep 2020 1:42 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

SomersetTaz wrote:

BTW I noticed on another forum that oil pressure light can sometimes stay on due to a fault in an oil temperature sensor going u/s. Is that anyone else's experience?

Very many thanks

No.

The oil temperature sensor can sometimes stop the temp gauge reading correctly.
However as your dash appears to be faulty, lets blame the dash for now

Post #217703430th Sep 2020 4:23 pm
Miltz94

United Kingdom 

I have just been trawling the forum and came across this bulletin about the exterior 'A' pillar trims allowing water ingress. and thus causing oil pressure warning to illuminate. it must be allowing water to a connector and shorting to ground. may be a thought if this IP repair don't work.

its bulletin LA501-006

Mind you if when you disconnect the switch and it goes open circuit from the IP connector this would rule this out Rolling Eyes

Post #217707530th Sep 2020 8:20 pm
Miltz94

United Kingdom 

Sorry for the long delay in posting.
I am writing to let u know that the IP repair has worked perfectly. Been driving it since December after the IP repair and the oil lamp is extinguishing and not coming back on so all seems good. Touch wood!
For reference the company I used was ECU testing. However there are quite a few out there!

Post #221136816th Feb 2021 11:37 pm
SomersetTaz

Hi Miltz, Many thanks for getting back and these days most of us are hardly using our cars. That's great news for you and finger's crossed. I've investigated IP repairers but not done anything else yet. However one day a couple of weeks ago whilst driving in very heavy rain and a few inches of flood water suddenly the oil light went out and the fuel gauge started to read! It stayed like that for the 10 mile journey and back. However, the next trip, a week later, the faults reappeared. So I'm now back to maybe wiring or maybe it's still the IP! When the lock down eases up I'll get on with getting it sorted and report back.

Post #221139617th Feb 2021 9:20 am
SomersetTaz

Fixed

Dear all, just to say that I eventually got around to sending the IP away to ECU Testing. Have to say what fantastic service (thanks for the recommend Ryan). Filled out the their form, courier picked up Monday, received it back by Thursday lunch time and in the car 30 mins later - and all faults with the IP are sorted.

Now back to the more worrying fuel pressure fault! So far checked the TCCM (spotless), changed the fuel filter and cleaned the MAP. Looking like the low pressure pump needs to be investigated next.

Post #224115310th Jul 2021 11:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >