DISCO3.CO.UK > Site News & Feedback

D3-friendly greenlane gallery/database?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

NO NO No No NO No NO No NO NO No NO NO Nothing
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #29346429th Apr 2008 10:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Very true Andrew, enjoy them while you can Thumbs Up But there would be no harm in sharing a bit of info when appropriate.

Post #29346829th Apr 2008 10:10 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

RLD wrote:
NO NO No No NO No NO No NO NO No NO NO Nothing
Gotta agree with RLD on this one - too many variables and each lane needs to be checked beforehand.
As witnessed on the Salisbury south routes, one lane was closed two days before our visit Rolling Eyes There is also the potential for some to use the hard work of others for their own gain- and vice-versa

Post #29347929th Apr 2008 10:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Agree with Andrew, Ray and Ten, we are likely to see most if not all closed and yes, some will try and take advantage of the hard work of a few. I just suggest we keep some pictures so when some of these trails are overgrown and impassable on bike or foot in a few years we can quietly point out why they used to be clear, fallen trees removed, hedging trimmed and the poor quality surfaces patched and repaired.

We can mitigate the risk of others' hard work being abused if we stick to publicly listing problem lanes rather than recommending the good'uns, keeping the good ones on a members' only database where Martin has to approve your for access, perhaps based on length of membership, known good standing on the forum (ie. has attended events, is known to people) and perhaps even on whether they have offered submissions to the database themselves? That would still give us plenty of members with access who could then help newer members who want to get out on smaller scale local greenlane days as well as some of the 40 vehicle epics.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #29357530th Apr 2008 9:17 am
mal_NW

United Kingdom 

gilmore wrote:
OK, cool. Just in the spirit of brainstorming ideas, Maybe what we are looking for is:
1. A filestore where we can upload files in various formats - .e.g. .MMO, TXT etc, along with some descriptive data
2. The filestore should have some kind of access control so that only certain people can upload and/or download route information. Instinctively I feel that we should restric access to "trusted" people, or people who contribute in some way to the forum (either by postings, financially, by uploading routes or whatever)
3. We would need to implement some system of giving and revoking access to the filestore
4. We would need to agree a rule set by which access would be granted or denied.
5. A forum area where people could announce uploads, request routes or discuss/report on routes.
6. We would need some way of keeping the routes up to date or removing them as rights of way change.

I have my own website that I don't really use much, I couold use it to store routes etc and put a username/password on it?
I would also be prepared to pay for a new domain to use, eg. disco3lanes.co.uk or green-lanes.co.uk something similar.
I am also interested in the green lanes and have a few in memory map, I also have quite a few mountain biking routes (Lakes) which may be useful.
 Also a member of avforums.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmjr/
Ex disco 3 owner - http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic87659.html 

Last edited by mal_NW on 30th Apr 2008 9:55 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #29360330th Apr 2008 9:49 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Good idea NoDo$h. Id be happy to add all the Wilshire lanes I now on the Db. Perhaps we should grade them (red amber Green) to indicate the level. ie closed, passable with care, non damaging etc
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #29360430th Apr 2008 9:55 am
mal_NW

United Kingdom 

DiscoDunc wrote:
Good idea NoDo$h. Id be happy to add all the Wilshire lanes I now on the Db. Perhaps we should grade them (red amber Green) to indicate the level. ie closed, passable with care, non damaging etc

You can also add comments in memory map, not sure about the other progs.
 Also a member of avforums.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmjr/
Ex disco 3 owner - http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic87659.html 

Post #29360530th Apr 2008 9:55 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >