DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

My D3 spec Upgrade (Part 2)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Bow down
Colin you are the master!

Thanks very much for your help with this.

Already the extra power is quite noticeable, even without the additional speakers.

Will get the rest done soon

Many thanks again

Post #94187813th Jun 2012 6:36 pm
parrafin23

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Exelent write up.. and now the time has come for me to do the same..

As of the picture of the backside of the amp yours says:
aud 4L /xqk500105 HD2 /S0420

on mine it says AUD 4L /xqk500103 HD1 /S 0415

Is this an older version of the amp?

I have the high line audio..

Do I have to replace all the speakers or can i use the ones allready fitted but add additional speakers? might that be a new bass or midrange speaker?

I cant wait to install this.. Btw What did you use to release the pins in the grey and green connector?

P.

Post #111564111th Jun 2013 2:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
Is this an older version of the amp?

From the part numbers i would guess so, but don't worry, Any old or new Logic 7 Amp from a d3, Sport or FFRR will do the same job and they can be re flashed.

Quote:
I have the high line audio

Yea, while this is the best place to start from, this actually makes following exactly what i did in respect of retro fitting the Logic 7 Premium audio step by step a bit more difficult as i initially started out with just a Low Line Audio and did the upgrade as just a part of a much larger project that was done in Four stages and has four different threads, this one being the third.

Also because i only had a High line amp when i did the second stage, i had a sort of half high line and Half Logic 7 set up between the second and Third stages.

As such, if you want to read up the parts related to my Logic 7 install you will really need to read through all the first 3 threads to see the applicable parts. each thread has the others linked.

Here is an overview of the first 3 stages

Stage 1,
Thanks to Wiggs i got hold of a complete High Line main loom which needed some repairs. these were not easy to come by back then.
While repairing this loom by replacing many cut wires pin to pin with intact replacements from a spare loom, i also added all the 5 additional speaker wire pairs that a premium Logic 7 system has over the High Line.

As shown on the Thread i routed them to where they needed to go, soldered on all the required pins robbed from my spare loom and inserted them in the connectors for the front Doors and Main to Dash loom connector. Note i did not insert the pins at the Amp end connectors at that time but left them loose

Stage 2,
Replaced my Low Line Loom with the one prepared in stage 1. i started replacing the door speakers from Low Line to Logic 7 ones and added the rear D pillar speakers and the Tailgate sub woofer which is the same on high line as Logic 7 Premium.

Stage 3,
This thread.
Now having the Logic 7 Premium amp, i then swapped this for the High line one i was temporarily using and completed the re wiring of the Amp Plugs as well as posting up the pictures about the re wiring of the front doors with Logic 7 wiring which has two speaker pairs as opposed to just one on low line or High line spec.
I also fitted the Centre dash speaker and of course finally reprogrammed the Amp part of the CCF for the AUD 4 (Logic 7) Amp.

Appreciating that my process of retrofitting the Logic 7 system to my D3 was a bit convoluted and spread out, i realised that many would like to do this but starting from a High Line system.
And in such case the only real difference would be that they would just run the extra wires in the vehicle directly rather than loom them in as i did.
Otherwise all other aspects are the same.

As such, i took the time to write a "How to" Thread from the point of view of doing this Logic 7 upgrade from a High Line which can be found here and answers all questions

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic35790.html?highlight=Logic

I hope this helps

ATB

Colin

Post #111629412th Jun 2013 4:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
parrafin23

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Yes Colin. it realy did.. What I have done is connect the midbass/tweeter to the pin 1,2,11 and 12 on the grey connector
I do not have any other speakers yet. but you wrote down the part number for these on yer post..

If i did not move those pins around, I would only get bass from the subwoofer and from the rear doors..

I do not have any sound at all..
How can I be sure that the amp is in working order?
P.

Post #111631512th Jun 2013 5:23 pm
theanswers

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I'm undertake the conversion from Hi-Line to Logic 7. However, I have one question regarding the front door speakers setup.

It is stated that the current front door speaker is to become mid/ high and it is to be moved to other pins on the same connection. However, on another connection into the Highland amp new speakers outputs are to be put into place on other pins 1/11 for example which are called front mid/ high range.

How can two speakers do the same job?

Is the new speaker which I put into the front doors going to do mid/ high and the existing one do bass?

Also is there anywhere I can buy the pins for the installation, as I do not have a spare loom?

Thanks.

Post #147477416th May 2015 8:26 pm
MikeBob

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I am just starting my upgrade to logic 7 and im after some info please. ive connected the rear headphone sockets to the plugs that were already there but they arent working. is there anything else i must do? ive got the harness and sockets for the rear doors to fit next. i still have the silver amp under the seat.

thank you in advance

edit...now working!

Post #184884419th Aug 2017 7:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >