Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

NEC reversing D4 demo
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
NEC reversing D4 demo

Visited the caravan show yesterday. LR is doing a demo of the D4 reversing camera system. They had a small curved supposedly road section and a small airline caravan.

The D4's display screen is linked up to two large TV screens so all the standing public could se what you lucky D4 folks see.

The guys on the stand then went through the reversing up to a hitch and reversing the whole van. quite a neat little demo - even SWIMBO was impressed, until I said can I spend £50K on one, bad mistake, she spend 14k on my money on a new van before we left.

Corner of the Caravan hall - worth a look see if you are in there.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #61006625th Feb 2010 1:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CG

The Yellow line extended out to where to effectivly where you pointed the wheels to. when the revesing sensors worked out you are about 1meter away the camera switch to a closeup view.

This allowed you to drive under the caravan hitch. A red blob showed the position of the towball so when the ball disappeared from view under the caravan hitch. you still knew where it was. All very nea

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #61052226th Feb 2010 10:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Sounds very useful...you didn't happen to take any photos by any chance CG?
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #61053226th Feb 2010 10:45 am
CG

To interested watching it to be honest.

I particularly liked the bit when the trailer was hitched up, once programmed with the trailer axles etc, the display from either wing mirror camera showed the predicted arc that the car would take (in yellow) at the position the streeing is in real time, and also the predicted arc (in purple)the trailer would take ie it could be the opposite way.

For SWIMBO to be impressed with a gadget on a car if must have been good.

Post #61057926th Feb 2010 11:42 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

CG
Did they have the target on the front of the caravan.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #61064526th Feb 2010 12:46 pm
CG

No just the extension of the yellow line.

Post #61073726th Feb 2010 2:30 pm
oop north

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Marmaris TealDiscovery 4

I had a go yesterday at using the lining up with the tow hitch feature at the by appointment only event at Elvington

Would take me a little while to get used to it - seemed quite hard to realise just how close the object is - the fish eye lenses make everything look further away than they are. I had a slight scare when I glanced at the door mirrors and realised the target was quite close! but what a superb feature! I loved it

The instructor demonstrated the line graphics with a trailer on the back, too (didn't do much reversing). All very impressive and I was quite taken with the usefulness of the cameras - eg, for parking between white-line bays in car parks

Post #61077126th Feb 2010 3:28 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The cameras aren't just gadgets, the longer I have them the more I use them. Particularly with towing.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #61077426th Feb 2010 3:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >