Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 Bonnet..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MogulBoy

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
D4 Bonnet..

Further to some ping pong ball sized hailstone damage, my insurance company has agreed to the repairs and their assessor suggested that a new bonnet would be the preferred option - there are circa 100 dings on it!

Just curious what the UK RRP of the D4 bonnet is as the local price appears to be the equivalent of circa £1k...

P.S. I may take this opportunity to get the dental floss out and remove the bonnet badge and run naked for a while. There must be some good anagram options out there now if the MY2014 lettering is confirmed!
 MY11 D4 SDV6 SE LHD (with remote park heater, heated seats in row 2, heated steering wheel and rear HVAC controls!)  
Post #11518373rd Sep 2013 10:24 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

UK list price is roughly £600 + VAT before any discount.

I'm sure Nick (The Large One) would give you the current best forum price.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #11518413rd Sep 2013 10:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MogulBoy

Cheers. That sounds about the sort of price differential I was expecting.

P.S. With thousands of cars damaged by hail this summer, I may have to wait a while longer to get it repaired locally. So much so that the insurance companies are offering cash alternatives just to get the backlog of liabilities off their books...
 MY11 D4 SDV6 SE LHD (with remote park heater, heated seats in row 2, heated steering wheel and rear HVAC controls!)  
Post #11518903rd Sep 2013 11:26 am
Grunders

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

What other damage was there to the car,or was the bonnet the worse of it
 If it ain't broke... Take it apart anyway, how else you gonna find out how it works  
Post #11519593rd Sep 2013 12:49 pm
MogulBoy

I wasn't with the car when it happened but the bonnet and metal roof panel took the full force of the hail which also punctured the perforated scuttle panel where the wipers are connected.

I suppose that the slab-sided nature of the design helped here (!) but there are a handful of tiny dents on one side which should be rectified in a paintless process. I saw quite a few damaged cars (mainly French!) with broken windows and Seats in particular appear to be made of very light guage steel - although it could have just been where these particular cars were parked as the path of destruction was only a few kms wide.

What surprised me was that many appeared to suffer hail damage to their A-pillars which I would have assumed would have been made of high strength steel... The D4s A-pillars are of course shrouded in plastic, as are the wheel arch extensions, so they showed no damage...

What is of more importance is that some local vineyards were badly hit and the few that were uninsured have more to worry about as it will impact two years worth of production Big Cry

P.S. At local Swiss labour rates, my insurance estimate is >£4k Shocked

&feature=youtu.be
Post #11519813rd Sep 2013 1:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >