Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 buying advice please.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
D4 buying advice please.

Will be in the market for a D4 in a few weeks. My budget allows me to look at an 8 speed facelifted 2014 model.

So was wondering what would be the optimum mileage to go for. Have seen a few with the mileage ranging from 49k to 80k. Will only be doing around 7k miles a years so well below average.

So is it better to go for the lower mileage ones or the higher ones as any niggles would have been sorted but does that put me close to big wear and tear items that will need to be changed.

Any more info greatly received Thumbs Up

Andy
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #190062012th Jan 2018 7:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
OJ

Scotland 

Personally I would buy on condition rather than mileage as long as its not outrageous and its been regularly serviced etc.
Good luck with the search Thumbs Up
OJ

Post #190062312th Jan 2018 7:59 pm
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks for that.

Also has anyone had any experience with LR Approved Used.
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #190062412th Jan 2018 8:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alfamale

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

When does the parts/accessories dibs starts, Andy? Or will you be transferring everything across?

I'll start with the Aurora Spots please!!!! Laughing
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #190063312th Jan 2018 8:14 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Vultures cleared for takeoff. Laughing Laughing

Post #190063512th Jan 2018 8:16 pm
alfamale

And if you have Xenons, I'll swap you for my MY11 halogens!!!! Rolling with laughter
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #190063712th Jan 2018 8:17 pm
Andy Foster

Rolling with laughter

Was wondering who would be the first. I’m selling the D3 as it is. I’ve had some firm interest in it so hopefully it will go with all the bits on.

The D4 will be getting the complete Prospeed treatment plus some lights that I haven’t decided on yet.
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #190063912th Jan 2018 8:19 pm
alfamale

Not interested in this thread...boring!!!! Yawn

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #190064012th Jan 2018 8:20 pm
Andy Foster

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Anyway back to the buying advice Whistle
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #190064212th Jan 2018 8:21 pm
OJ

Scotland 

That was quick off the mark for the bits, poor guys not got his new one yet Laughing

The benefit with LR approved is the comeback if somethings wrong if under 3 years old under Manufactures warranty, outside that its an external warranty company they use, downside is you pay for the privilege. You could easily arrange a warranty yourself probably cheaper. With the likes of Warranty Direct, i just contacted them about taking out a warranty at the end of the year, which incidentally covers engine failure don’t know if the D4 is affected with this issue.
Thumbs Up
OJ

Post #190064312th Jan 2018 8:22 pm
Andy Foster

To be fair I was expecting the vultures Rolling with laughter

What kind of price are we looking at for a decent warranty. Ballpark will do Thumbs Up
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #190064412th Jan 2018 8:25 pm
alfamale

i had a very positive experience buying LR Approved Used too, while it was under warranty. Any works carried out swiftly and apologetically.

Once the LR warranty lapsed however, my dealer lost interest over a period of 12-18 months when they realised I was in for the long haul with the car I had bought.

For me it's something I've never got to grips with because surely there's potential to make more from you as a service customer than there is as a purchaser?!?!?

Post #190064712th Jan 2018 8:27 pm
alfamale

WD's Luxury Care cover back in 2014 when I had 70k on was £850. Betterment removed etc, etc.

Post #190065012th Jan 2018 8:29 pm
Andy Foster

Cheers alfamale Thumbs Up

And if I do remove the bits I’ll remember your dibs Thumbs Up
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #190065212th Jan 2018 8:31 pm
alfamale

Taken from their original email to me during the negotiation stage:

Quote:
Vehicle

LANDROVER DISCOVERY 4 SDV6 AUTO

Cover

You are eligible for our LUXURY CARE level of cover, our highest level and I have attached our policy booklet so you can view exactly what we cover. In addition, Warranty Direct cover you for Wear and Tear claims on your vehicle meaning that if part has failed because it has “worn down” then we still cover the claim, this may sound straight forward but beware of some companies offering cover only against “Immediate sudden failure”. If wear and tear isn’t covered, almost any claim can be turned down as a result and wear and tear claims account for a large percentage of our work.

In addition, we cover problems found in your MOT or annual service which is a massive factor and we also cover consequential damage (damage caused by uninsured parts). If you don’t have these four areas covered on your policy then the warranty has a readymade get out clause.

Compare your Warranty

Do they have a wear and tear exclusion?
Do they have a consequential loss exclusion?
Do they cover failures found in an annual service or MOT?
Do they cover the cost of diagnostics?
Do they have an overheating exclusion?
Do they guarantee 100% of the hourly labour rate?

Warranty Direct guarantee all of the above.

Quotation

£874 your 12 month comprehensive cover on the FRANCHISED LABOUR RATE ---100% LABOUR & PARTS at any LANDROVER or VAT REGISTERED garage of your choice

2 YEARS COVER AT £1650

3 YEARS COVER AT £2350

FOUR PAYMENTS INTEREST FREE

**INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING OPTIONAL ITEMS**

EMISSIONS/AIRBAGS included

13 months cover for price of 12 included

IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT / SAT NAVIGATION included

100% PARTS COVER included

Post #190065312th Jan 2018 8:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >