DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 commercial
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DaveC

United Kingdom 
D4 commercial

any one on here own a D4 commercial?

if so would you be able to post any pics of the load area please?

I'm trying to gauge how practical a work tool this vehicle is but the dealers don't seem very clued up.

2 i've spoken to aren't sure as they ain't sold any yet and they don't know the difference between the 3 & 4.

David Very Happy

Post #52701229th Sep 2009 3:43 pm
SN

I'll be stunned if there is ANY difference in the load area setup of a D3 vs D4 commercial - apart from the rear light units the D4 is virtually identical to the MY09 D3 behind the B pillar (A pillar really)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #52705329th Sep 2009 4:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tingtong

United Kingdom 

I am also interest in a D4 Commercial particulary for towing but local dealer has been less than helpful Big Cry

They believe the load area is identical to the D3 commercial but they also told me the vehicle wasn't likely to be available for a few months Big Cry yet speaking to Land Rover customer services I have been informed that the commercial version is already available Thumbs Up and was released at the sametime as the D4. They advised me that dealers should be aware of this and advised me to try another dealership!
How much effort does a potential customer have to make just to find out full spec, option details, and if the vehicle has even been released? Big Cry

I know the commercial version is a limited market but you would think Land Rover or the dealer would be jumping to get information to the customer especially in these hard pressed times. Starting to think I might be better looking at a different manufacturer.

If anyone has got hold of the D4 Commercial brochure, spec, and options would grateful.
Have a few queries:
1). Is the 2.7ltr engine and auto gearbox the same as the D3?
2). Are the axle weights the same?
3). Is it definately compatible with digital tachograph and where is the unit located in the vehicle?

Any info would be most welcome.
Thanks.
TingTong

Post #52714029th Sep 2009 7:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >