DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 Commercial vehicle?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jhunty

England 
D4 Commercial vehicle?

Hi all,

Must admit I'm taken on the looks and interior of the D4 but has anyone heard if they are bringing out a commercial version? If so, have any specs been released?

In my view to be a real workhorse it needs to loose a few pounds in order to gain increased payload over the current D3. Load space in a D3 Commercial is great but around 600kg payload including driver etc... just doesn't stack up.

I've never understood how LR got away with the D3 advert illustrating that it was capable of carrying seven rugby players. In reality, each person is likely to be over 100kg putting the D3 over weight before they even consider taking the half time oranges! Not sure VOSA would take too kindly!
I know its only an advert but it they are trying market the Disco as a load lugger and up to the job then it needs to be reflected in the spec. Otherwise what was the point of them launching the D3 commercial version if you can only carry a tool box?!

Just hope a D4 Commercial is better!
Thanks

Jimbob

Post #46025528th Apr 2009 11:06 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There are two commercials in the price list it seems. A base model and a higher spec. Both retain the 2.7 V6 engine.

Payload for a D3 commercial I would say is more than 600kgs. A stock seven seater weighs just over 2700 kgs leaving 800kgs for passengers & luggage.......not that the weight limit applies to passenger vehicles, the law says simply that the design weight must not be exceeded.

Ultimate weight carrying capacity isn't really the point in my opinion, the commercial status allows a much lower benefit in kind tax for company vehicle users and means that VAT in full can be reclaimed on the purchase of the vehicle. Add in 3500kgs towing capacity and the package makes a lot of sense to business users.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #46110630th Apr 2009 10:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >