Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 fbh and TV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DaveC

United Kingdom 

pete

have you, or are you going to do one of your vids on you tube showing how it works? Bow down Thumbs Up
 XC90 T8 R Design Pro

MY14 D4 HSE Lux (sadly gone)
Mariana Black with Ivory interior and lots of toys! 

Post #6557592nd Jun 2010 11:57 am
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

To answer the question about TV......if you have factory RSE and Hybrid TV you can watch analogue and freeview digital on the rear screens all the time and the Nav screen while in the car is in "park". You could even have it on the Nav using the diagnostic if you were crazy enough. Reception varies but due to the complex nature of a TV signal freeview drops out a lot particularly on the motorway network. Watched the Grand Prix on it in crystal clear Digital this weekend though Smile
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #6560833rd Jun 2010 8:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

mwestcrew wrote:
To answer the question about TV you can watch analogue and freeview digital on the Nav screen while in the car is in "park". Smile

Will need to check again, but I think the TV also works when in neutral provided the EPB is engaged Shocked

Post #6564273rd Jun 2010 11:04 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yes on my D3 it does show the tv picture so long as its in eother P or N and the epb is applied.

Post #6564293rd Jun 2010 11:10 pm
RichardB

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Sorry to be a bit dim here but have an XS on order and just spent (a small part of) today looking under the hood of an HSE that had the remote FBH setup. It hadn't really occurred to me that this might be a good idea.

Is the FBH itself a standard item on the D4? If so, I'm guessing, it is the remote control that's the optional extra? Or is it the whole package that's optional?

Thanks

Post #6570015th Jun 2010 10:49 pm
Ecosse

RichardB wrote:

Is the FBH itself a standard item on the D4? If so, I'm guessing, it is the remote control that's the optional extra? Or is it the whole package that's optional?
Thanks

The FBH itself is standard ie just the separate heater that assists in preheating the engine once the car has been started (if the temperature is low); but the package to allow timed or remote starting of the FBH is optional (about £1000).
It had meant to be on the D3 in the original spec but LR failed to get the software right in time for my D3 build Crying or Very sad so I spec'd it on my D4.... quite amazing, can walk round the house before leaving, press the "remote blip" (it is separate from the car remote key, and has a light that flicks on to show you have succeeded in sending a signal to the car) and 10-15 mins later any snow has cleared from the car, inside is nice & warm Very Happy (as well as heating the engine it activates the interior fans & directs warmth for screen clearing) and the engine block has been preheated ready for starting.

Main comments - it is expensive Shocked , but it is standard on top model FFRR & if you have a D4HSE it is one of those things that makes the car a FFRR in disguise without the image issues of the FFRR Shocked ; and it is only really of use if your car is left outside! (if you garage your D4 its benefit will be limited but I believe it also has a cabin cooling function); and if you spec the much cheaper heated steering wheel option that along with the heated seats covers 80% of the heating requirements (have to confess I spec'd both Wink and certainly don't regret it).

So decision may largely turn on budget & garaging issues.. but even if you do not go for the FBH pack, seriously consider the heated steering wheel Very Happy

Post #6570346th Jun 2010 5:49 am
RichardB

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Ecosse wrote:

The FBH itself is standard ie just the separate heater that assists in preheating the engine once the car has been started (if the temperature is low); but the package to allow timed or remote starting of the FBH is optional (about £1000).

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like this after market add on being discussed above is really useful. I may be tempted!

Post #6570736th Jun 2010 11:40 am
Steve in Germany

Wales 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hey Pete, any news on price for this, its getting quite a bit of interest Thumbs Up

Cheers, Steve.

Post #6570986th Jun 2010 12:38 pm
mwhwsmith

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Any progress?

Also, is the fbh standard spec on all D4 or just HSE - recognising the timer / remote for the park heater wass an option. I would be v keen to get this retro fitted to my xs

Post #6586529th Jun 2010 8:01 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

bellautos wrote:
Ill work out a price for the module fitting and activation and post as soon as i can.

This would invole fitting at my garage due to the computer needs for activation.

Pete

Look forward to getting this confirmation Thumbs Up

Post #6586619th Jun 2010 8:21 pm
rtune

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Sounds all very interesting, does the aftermarket also use a LandRover Key FOb? or is it an aftermarket remote? My D4 arrives later this month, so i would love to have this fitted ready for our Harsh Winter!

Post #65882010th Jun 2010 8:39 am
Steve in Germany

Wales 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Here you go

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/discover..._price_top

Post #65887410th Jun 2010 10:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >