DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

D4 GVIF video interface install.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Kremmer

Sweden 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4
What about surround cameras...?

Just got my new Disco4 HSE today…after waiting 8 months Bow down
Was reading this interesting topic in the search a way to install and enable the OEM Surround Cameras to work on my car…? I’ve got the premium sat nav with reverse camera but would really like the trailer feature that comes with the surround cams. Problem is that when I ordered my car the dealer told me that there was some supplier issues, so it would delay the delivery of the car if I wanted the surround cams…and guess what…the bloody engine was out of stock next, so the cams would probably have been the smallest problem they would have in Solihull Rolling with laughter
I know that on Audi and VWs, it’s just a matter of remapping/switching on some software stuff and then maybe install some sensors/cameras…anyone knows if it works the same way with the Disco?
Thanks
/Martin

Post #7112912nd Nov 2010 10:09 pm
discomaniac

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Thanks everyone for the info on this thread. Installed the GVIF yesterday with instructions provided here and supplied by HIDS4U. Took my time, no damage to any of the console components and everything worked first go. I now have an Aux Video input at the rear of the centre console, near the Aux audio input as well as a connection at the rear of the vehicle for the rear camera on my caravan.
 Discomaniac

D4 SDV6 HSE MY11 Fuji White 

Post #73424920th Dec 2010 12:04 am
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up

Post #80080026th May 2011 10:51 pm
jetbags

United Kingdom 

hids4u wrote:
Thanks Pete great job and so fast work

I have ordered these units and they will be here in a week or so

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/GVIF-Interface-Uni...creen.html

disco4gvif code

r
ian

Hi
Have been reading this thread till my eyes popped out!!
Have just ordered the unit for my 2005 RRS supercharger to get a camera in the back, looking forwrd to unit arriving and making this amazing car even more special.

Thanks Hids4u for the excellent info so far, feel i will need a lot more yet to have the confidence to tackle this job, also many thanks for the amazing discount on the purchase of the unit .... much appreciated.

Jetbags

Post #80181930th May 2011 8:08 pm
srsmithy

United Kingdom 

Hi all!,

Please Help! ..... To anyone who's previously installed one of these units in a D4??

Just received my HIDS4U GVIF for my D4 .... Plus reversing camera for the D4 and a number plate camera for the back of the Tintent. (I have no cameras currently installed on the D4).

Reading the documentation, Pete's instructions on how to get at it all is great ... tick. Thanks Pete!

The GVIF documentation seems to be lacking as lots of cables and little instruction regarding where they all live -

fused 12v & ground - no problem
CAN(L)&(H) - no problem

where do i connect all the other cables?
NAVI-SEL?
AV1-SEL?
Rear-SEL?
Rear-C?
Safe?
F-CAM-DET?

Also the Touch B/D - I assume this drives the touch screen when the sub-B/D is piggybacked to the existing board? BUT where is the best place to place this. there are several connectors on the Touch B/D are these used?

if CAN is connected, do you need the remote because you can toggle the inputs from the NAV button on the dash?? or have i misunderstood.

Dip switches ..... only 7 on?

Thanks in anticipation ...........

Thumbs Up
 Simon,
D4 Commercial SDV6, Lux pack ++ ..... 

Post #81944021st Jul 2011 5:28 pm
drewman75

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Buckingham BlueLR3

Hi All,
I recently picked up a new 2012 HSE. Was wondering if anyone can confirm if this will work in the new 2012 since they made changes to the interface and I believe the hardware as well? Are the connections and everything still the same on the back of the screen? Also, if one already has a factory backup cam, will this in any way interfere with its functionality. Like for instance, if video is playing when you kick into reverse, will the rear cam still override any video and switch on auto? Thanks.

Post #87055413th Dec 2011 9:55 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Asked afew times in various thresds but does anyone know what the input to the non touch screen on the D4 is?
is it just a straight analogue signal?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #87063114th Dec 2011 5:37 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

hi , do u have these for d3
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #87063714th Dec 2011 6:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
srsmithy

United Kingdom 

Stew 46, send a PM to Hids4u (above post) and he will sort you out.
 Simon,

Post #87118715th Dec 2011 9:17 am
duc1098

Norway 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

srsmithy wrote:
Hi all!,

Please Help! ..... To anyone who's previously installed one of these units in a D4??

Just received my HIDS4U GVIF for my D4 .... Plus reversing camera for the D4 and a number plate camera for the back of the Tintent. (I have no cameras currently installed on the D4).

Reading the documentation, Pete's instructions on how to get at it all is great ... tick. Thanks Pete!

The GVIF documentation seems to be lacking as lots of cables and little instruction regarding where they all live -

fused 12v & ground - no problem
CAN(L)&(H) - no problem

where do i connect all the other cables?
NAVI-SEL?
AV1-SEL?
Rear-SEL?
Rear-C?
Safe?
F-CAM-DET?

Also the Touch B/D - I assume this drives the touch screen when the sub-B/D is piggybacked to the existing board? BUT where is the best place to place this. there are several connectors on the Touch B/D are these used?

if CAN is connected, do you need the remote because you can toggle the inputs from the NAV button on the dash?? or have i misunderstood.

Dip switches ..... only 7 on?

Thanks in anticipation ...........

Thumbs Up

Hi!
Did you get any answers for this srsmithy, im also having problems sorting it out!!
Jan G

Post #9728823rd Sep 2012 7:43 pm
srsmithy

United Kingdom 

Hi Jan,

No I did not really get a usable reply. I did talk to HIDS4U and in the end I did the following -

DO NOT connect the CAN

12v and ground are obviously connected.

I didn't connect any of the other cables (other than the ribbon cables and Touch BD) and and then toggle the camera images using the switch. i.e. the one on the back of the D4 and the back of the caravan.

I understood from HIDSU that the Rear SEL can be connected to the reversing light (rear light cluster?) to activate when reverse is selected and then split the 'video out' so I can see the image when in reverse OR when selected on the switch. BUT I haven't done this because I'd completed the mod before the information arrived.

All I wanted was a switchable camera on the back of the D4 to view the tow hitch (but is is just out of view - but you get used to it) and the rear view from the caravan.

Hope that helps.

Simon.
 Simon,

Post #9731324th Sep 2012 10:03 am
hids4u

Hi Simon and Jan
Sorry not had much time of late to check the forum
Please PM or email me everyone if you have questions

I have some more installation instructions i sourced lately and these should now be sent out with all orders - i will post in my gallery

The harness with the GVIF units is a little universal and many of the cables are not needed

You can connect the can-bus - this then allows you not to use the toggle switch to switch between NAV and AV inputs. But make sure you know what you are doing, battery disconnected and dont pull hack or short cables. and they need soldering. WE RECOMMEND THIS IS DONE BY AUTO ELECTRICIAN ONLY

You still need remote control to be able to access the settings, like colour, brightness etc

Please not that there is no Audio input into the SAT NAV, to get sound through the audio system you need to connect you Audi through the GVIF then into the Aux input.

The reversing Sel is needed to allow the screen to switch the the rear -c (camera) input, if you want the camera to be displayed when you reverse. You can use a splitter on the video cable and put the input to both rear-c and the Av1 for example. just make sure the camera has a feed from ignition and not reversing lights so you can view it whenever you pick av1

The new 2012 models and the evouqe need a new unit that is being developed and in final testing stages now.

regards
Ian

Post #9751999th Sep 2012 10:07 pm
Deanopeps

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
GVIF unit - Audio output through car stereo?

Hi,

I have just fitted the D3 version (to my D3!) and I was wondering how you got the audio through the car stereo as well as the video onto the touch screen?

On my GVIF unit there is a "2X Video out and 1 X Audio out (L+R)" which I assume outputs any audio from which ever input is selected ie AV1, 2 or 3. If thats the case where would you plug the audio output into to get into the car stereo? I guess you could plug into the Aux wiring but that would mean switching the stereo to Aux as well - I cant think of another way?

Thanks

Dean

Post #97834917th Sep 2012 9:01 pm
hids4u

Hi Dean
If you are putting the audio into the Gvif then you need to connect the audio out cables to the Aux input at the back of the console. Then select aux on the radio
When you select between av the Gvif will then send the relevant sound to the aux input
R
Ian

Post #97867318th Sep 2012 4:18 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Dean

I always wire the audio in to the dvd plug that is behind the passenger side kick panel you can pull the wires out of the plug and connect your audio out to these, the wires are red & blue and two blacks (earth/screen), and then you have to select aux to hear the sound no other way on the D3 afaik.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #97870918th Sep 2012 5:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >