DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 heated seats question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
GrenobleLandy

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
D4 heated seats question

Just a quick question please folks if you've got a minute,

I test drove a MY2010 HSE yesterday (how guilty did I feel being shown around it right under the gaze of my faithful D3 Crying or Very sad ), and was a bit overwhelmed by all the new looking whistles and bells etc. We went off for about 30 mins or so and were sure the seats were heated (2 of us in car - dont have that in the D3) - didnt really check it out cos too much to play with. Only thing is that later on when we were looking online at other pics of other D4's we are convinced that we saw no heated seat switches on the dash and definitely didnt turn anything on... So is it possible to have heated seats without the little buttons by the DSC/parking aid buttons - or was i just wayyyy too excited??

The car is a French LHD (euro standard?) HSE so prob not the same as UK HSE spec, my D3 is certainly lower specced. I wasnt expecting to find the drive much different but it was just fantastic so i really want to get one - trade in on my D3 was pretty terrible, 09/05 registered MY06, 50k miles, FSH etc - 12.5k GBP, but she is starting to play up - sitting on stops every morning, wishbones need doing, gps switches off for no reason with an audible 'click' Confused - had the new compressor etc but still the best thing i have ever owned and sad to see her go Crying or Very sad

Anyway back to the question - is it possible for seats to be heated without the switches? I know I can ask the dealer but i've already phoned him back 4 times to ask similar questions (since yesterday) so just thought i would ask you guys first Embarassed

Cheers
 TDV6 HSE AUTO
Defender 90 CSW 

Post #7710846th Mar 2011 9:19 am
buellbeast

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I wouldn't have thought you could have heated seats without switches..

A pic of my HSE console..... Heated seat buttons just below the cd slot at both sides..

Click image to enlarge
 Club Forum Criminal !!!  
Post #7710866th Mar 2011 9:36 am
GrenobleLandy

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Many thanks for the reply buell'... I pressed the parking sensor button on one occasion cos i thought it wasnt working (read the manual so understand it works a bit differently now), and I'm sure that was just one double size button with no seat heat button next to it (all the online pics seem to show the same dash as yours - very nice Razz ). But as we were driving along SWMBO said how fab the heated seats were and I agreed Laughing Confused - I'm gonna have to fone back again Embarassed but will give it a few hours to try to think of anything else to ask - obviously i wont think of anything until just after I hang up Whistle
 TDV6 HSE AUTO
Defender 90 CSW 

Post #7710906th Mar 2011 9:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >