Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 ideal options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
elemental

Switzerland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

It's too late for the OP and I don't think it was mentioned but you might as well get the keyless entry IMO (I didn't). Otherwise you have to fish your fob out to unlock and then put it away again as it is not needed 'in hand' to start the car. Same with exiting. Might not sound like a great hassle but it has already become something I regret not ordering (the only thing in fact). Usual disclaimer about not locking keyless fob in car etc which shouldn't be possible but apparently is.
 using arm rest more than rear diff  
Post #66119916th Jun 2010 10:12 am
Steve in Germany

Wales 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Ok I've now added Heated Steering Wheel and Adaptive Lights. Can't believe i missed this, especially with us moving to Brecon!

PS. If SWMBO asks they are standard on the HSE Whistle

Post #66122416th Jun 2010 11:38 am
LaSource

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Hello all,

I just noticed this thread was still knocking about and realised I should give you an update on where I ended up...it was not as advertised in this thread!

I ended up changing the spec after the supposed deadline. My dealer was nice enough to call the factory and make some last minute changes whilst awaiting build.

The final spec was (last minites revisions in capital letters):

I ordered the following spec:
Santorini black with ALMOND/ARABICA interior and Grand black lacquer
Bi-xenon adaptive headlights
Centre cooler storage box
Full size alloy spare wheel
Heated steering wheel
iPod connection
Hybrid TV
20" alloys
SURROUND CAMERA SYSTEM

I did NOT order the following:
Active rear locking differential
Electronic tyre pressure monitoring
Park heating with remote
Privacy glass (to rear of B post) - will do aftermarket solution
Tow pack
Diesel particulate filter
RSE - will buy each child an Apple iPad for amusement instead(!)

I realised after some reflection that we have a tight driveway with low walls and that the surround cameras may be useful...plus if it helped my wife at all in her daily supermarket-type parking situations then that must be a good thing.
The interior which orignally was Almond, then we changed it to Ebony...at the end I realised however much we though Ebony was the right 'sensible' colour for a family car......we both secretly wanted it to be Almond! Once I outed my wife on that, I just thought - if Almond is what you need, get it. The price will be that you will just have to clean it regularly and you may need to change the mats once a year!

We picked up the car in May, after which I bought the black rubber mats for daily use (the almond ones are now stored in the garage and have not bothered using them yet). The rubber mats are great as you really do not worry about wet/dirty shoes etc. We also got the windows tinted and I installed some after market side steps (~£350 and some 3 hours of my labour).

At the end of the day SHMBO is ecstatic about her disco. She loves it. Finds it very easy to drive...more so then the 5 series she had before. The high driving position makes manoeuvering it much easier. She even uses the cameras every now and then. I must admit the cameras have limited use....but when you do use them you enjoy having them there!

I am very happy with all the options we ticked. I still would have ideally liked the RSE but am satisfied that at £2.5K they were just too expensive for the occasional use they would have got.

...and having driven the car more now, I am very impressed at its refinement, and the power of the engine. From inside you struggle to tell it is a diesel...my friend with an X3 was shocked to learn after a short drive that its a diesel....and the engine has plenty of poke...whether off traffic lights or on the straights. Ok, its not a sports car but it is very useable amount of power (I also have a GT3 yet fully appreciate the power and torque of the disco). Way more powerful than the competition I was looking at (XC90, D3, etc). Admitedly the price I ended up paying was similar to a new X5 or Q7 which do have faster accelerating models than the D4.

All in all, a very happy customer here!

I hope this experience helps any other prospective buyers and apologies to anyone that may have taken guidance from my earlier spec which got changed afterwards....

Post #6685135th Jul 2010 6:33 pm
Stingray

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Puntograle, thanks for the update, happy to hear that you are pleased with your choice. I have to wait until October for mine, which is very similar spec to yours, and the same colour combination. I too had initially ordered Ebony interior, but after agonising for a long time, changed to Almond/Arabica. Apart from the TV and cooler box, which I haven't ordered, everything else is the same as yours.

I would be interested to hear how you are getting on with the Almond interior.

Any pictures?

All the best,

Ray

Post #6685485th Jul 2010 8:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >