Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Photos, Videos & Media

D4 in M25 Caravan prang
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Brian_DL13

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I'm another one with you Mog.

I've done both and prefer the 'van. As you say, the supposed advantage of MHs on setup/cleardown isn't as nearly as big as some suppose. And I do like being able to drive to wherever I want rather than 'bike Very Happy Plus of course the massive financial advantage of a van Laughing

Post #172716931st Oct 2016 8:40 am
mse

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Mogwyth wrote:
I am not going to lose any sleep over 10 minutes as we prefer the additional space our van gives, plus you still have to fill your tanks at some point and seeing how long it takes my mum and my sister with their m/hs to fill it it reduces that 10 mins difference somewhat Razz

Our motorome takes 5 minutes to fill the 100l tank direct (at home) more like 10 about on the rubbish low pressure sites, we also have direct connections and as 7 berth motorhome, we will challenge many caravans to space too. equally emptying it is fast. Plus we have the higher speed limits and can take it around with us

We also have the auto connections and quick disconnect so can keep it topped up and emptied and rarely have to mess around...plus the motorhome will do 4 days on its onboard tanks Thumbs Up

Many UK motorhome people need to spend a trip or two in europe and they will learn a thing or two...first - not to buy a uk spec anything Thumbs Up

Quote:
nd I do like being able to drive to wherever I want rather than 'bike Very Happy Plus of course the massive financial advantage of a van

We dont have a bike (i would rather die!), use our motorhome to drive around in when we are away...only once have we got a car locally in 3 years and 2 motorhomes! Our motorhome has done every city and town required of it Thumbs Up

Plus when you see how ludicrous the price of a caravan is, i would spend the extra on a motorhome - especially as they devalue less
 Mike  
Post #172736531st Oct 2016 6:28 pm
sean 471

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Did a motor home in Scotland this year 5 berth one of us had to sleep in the tent and there was only 4 of us. Could not cope with so little space and it rattled too much for me
Much prefer the caravan. But each to their own

Post #172737031st Oct 2016 6:39 pm
mse

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

British ones rattle far too much, nothing like euopean ones, but then caravans are the same poor quality UK ones compared to european

Ours sleeps 7 loads of room just the same as a caravan

That swift motorhome (escape) is like my mother in laws - awful...like all the swift range. Rattle, cheap quality, poor design
 Mike  
Post #172739731st Oct 2016 7:37 pm
ratrunner

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Mogwyth wrote:
Only pass those that are poodling along well below the caravan limit (which a lot seem to) when its safe to do so.

Actually you would be quite surprised at how quick a well drilled couple can set up a van, OH and I can arrive on site and be all set up and kettle on in under 15 minutes while I am unhitching and levelling, she is on the electric, water and waste, in fact wife and I were away a few weeks ago and were travelling from one site to another starting packing up at 15:15, 55 minute drive, kettle on at 16:45
Nice one, I can set up pretty quick but wife has little to do it with usually stands to one side,watching and having a fag. Its my thing so I just get on with it. I do however sadly need help with the awning Big Cry  
Post #173680120th Nov 2016 4:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >