Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 Land Rover Experience Vehicle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
kingofthesparks

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
D4 Land Rover Experience Vehicle

Went on a free Land Rover Experience in a D4 at rockingham on Monday, told not to use EPB as it had been disconnected and not in use due to problems cause by mud causing it to stick, what the Censored is wrong with Land Rover !!! does not inspire confidence in a product if they would rather disconnect due to repeat problem than try to find a permenant fix, this was a 60 plate motor so it has been like this for some time Shocked

Land Rover sort your act out, excellent product let down by small repeat issue's Exclamation

Post #88593219th Jan 2012 1:42 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

TBF Experience motors spend all their lives in the mud and water and not only would that raise the risks of epb issues compared to normal usage but would require the arduous servicing schedule for the EPB which ISTR is around every 3750 miles. ....I guess it's just easier to disconnect it in those circumstances TBH Confused
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #88593619th Jan 2012 1:53 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

That is no excuse, NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE END OF! I had issues with mine, now resolved but LR should keep things simple when open to the elements, for Censored sake that is what they market the vehicle for Rolling Eyes Don't try and make excuses for them Whistle

Now with more and more complex poncy vehicles they are losing the plot, getting greedy and the heritage is on the way out Wink

Post #88594819th Jan 2012 2:13 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 
Re: D4 Land Rover Experience Vehicle

kingofthesparks wrote:
Land Rover sort your act out, excellent product let down by small repeat issue's Exclamation

And not so small issues. Rolling Eyes it's part of the heritage, if they were reliable you'd all be bored silly. Whistle

Post #88595319th Jan 2012 2:25 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Not necessarily offering excuses DT ...I have suffered at the hands of the EPB and written about my feelings many a time. I wholeheartedly agree that overall the EPB has been the Achilles heel of the motor for many. If however you want to use your D3\4 in the same way that LRE do every day then you have to go with the type of servicing recommended for the EPB ...do LRE want their motors off the road every 3750 miles ...I doubt it therefore it's probably just easier to disable it. Not saying it's right or wrong Rolling Eyes
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #88595519th Jan 2012 2:25 pm
kingofthesparks

As they do a 10 minute on road drive first, what would happen if vehicle was involved in fatal collision and investigators found that the epb had been disconnected ,I think Land Rover would have some explaining to do at the inquest. Shocked

Post #88605419th Jan 2012 5:43 pm
Leesbay

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Going to the cheshire LRE end of Feb, after winning a voucher on eBay. Booked a D4 for the day so will be interesting to see if the EPB is disconnected on this as well, as part of a nationwide trend
 ....................................................................................................

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what she thinks I paid for them, you lot are gonna get some bargains! 

Post #88605719th Jan 2012 5:48 pm
kingofthesparks

Would be interesting to know Whistle

Post #88605819th Jan 2012 5:49 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Discotres wrote:
That is no excuse, NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE END OF! I had issues with mine, now resolved but LR should keep things simple when open to the elements.....

Totally agree withthe KISS principle (Keep it Stupidly Simple)..over elaboration for no purpose isnt an advancement in anything......
- hand brake - used to be transmissin system brake that worked now have electronic controlled back hub brake that doesnt - WHY ?
- Engine Oil Dip Stick - used to have ...well a dip stick that never failed, always ready to read...we now have a system that sometimes works, can & will fail with catastrophic results....WHY ?
- Auto gear box control - stolen from Ford parts bin that has proven inadequate on this off road vehicle...the shaft it is connected to isnt proofed against getting wet......WHY ?
- Flashy / Blingy Wheel Nuts..that swell over time...result the really inadequate spaneer supplied to remove them doesnt fit..WHY ?
- Dashboard Clock - so small it cant be seen...WHY ?

Land Rover marketing seriously ought to listen to customers & dealers to get to know what customers want...& need - that is customers / vehicle users who have used, lived & paid for the mistakes that have been made.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #88629420th Jan 2012 10:32 am
Ken

But DT & BL you still buy them so they win simple vote with your feet get a G Wagon Laughing

Post #88630020th Jan 2012 10:43 am
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

Wonder why they didn't fit the tried and tested transmission brake never give no probs and worked !! Whistle
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #88630620th Jan 2012 10:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
what if

If they made boats the anchor would need cleaning and resetting if used in water to much.
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #88630920th Jan 2012 11:02 am
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Ken wrote:
But DT & BL you still buy them so they win simple vote with your feet get a G Wagon Laughing

Talking about the 'G' thank goodness they didn't develop the 'G Spot', wait a minute maybe they did as ones I have tried don't seem to work Sad

Post #88631220th Jan 2012 11:05 am
chalky

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Ken wrote:

Thumbs Up

DEFINATELY ! i've been hankering after a G Wagen for some time now ! I very nearly jumped ship in 09 after my Brand New 08 PUMA DEFENDER refused to work ! co incidently the drum brake on the prop shaft had transmission fluid dumped all over it which rendered the hand brake U/S ! eventually and after much hassle and after it was sorted out and i got rid of the peice of carp i got a recall for it ! Evil or Very Mad
this was only a small part in catalogue of errors, i got the rid of the thing in the end as some of you will prob remember !

That said my 57 Plate XS has been an absolute stalwart and is without doubt a keeper ! i,m scared to get rid of it for something with faults and problems ? I fail to get the none dip stick thing, in my opinion if i wanted to be a Lazy driver with monitors and buttons i would have bought a BMW which has no Dip Stick either, what would it have taken to put one on for those that like to monitor fluid levels ?

I'm an Ex Squaddie as i know several on here are and when i go on a long Journey OR if i'm feeling Green i pop the bonnet an do the Old P.O.L. Whistle

Anyway,
I've started admiring RRS which i can only put down to my age ?

BUT ! the G Wagen is an excellent replacement for a Land Rover Product ! My mates a Farrier and he took his defender into a field to shoe a horse ! it is an ex utility which is obviously heavy but shod with the right tyres, when he became embarasingly stuck the Lady who's horse it was pulled him out of the field with her G Wagen !
Embarassed
 Only dead fish go with the Flow !  
Post #88632520th Jan 2012 11:19 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Good Point Ken....

Ken wrote:

Its just......
the fact that the toys that replace simple things seen to be gaining on us
I never use my handbrake.......
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #88633220th Jan 2012 11:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >