DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

D4 LEAP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LEAP

Austria 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
D4 LEAP

Hello all,

now that I'm finally a proud D4 owner I wanted to introduce you to my vehicle and ask a few questions to the experts here in the forum Bow down

The Disco I have registered as a truck because you can save 20% tax and besides the daily way to work, the Disco is mainly used for mountain hunting and all kinds of recreational activities such as biking, climbing, offroading and hiking.

GAP IID BT Tool --> is it recommended and if so, has just someone to give away one cheap?

ANTENNA --> One of the two Blaupunkt antennas have come off the rear window. Can you just tape or glue them back on or do you need a special glue/adhesive film for that?

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...G_5751.JPG

REAR WINDOW --> Do you have any recommendations for a custom-fit tinting film (rear window only)?

GENERAL --> What mods and customizations can you recommend? Feel free to send me forum links Wink

HUNT --> Does anyone know of a cover / tub that covers the entire trunk to behind the driver and passenger seats? I have no seats in the back of the car and would hate to mess up the interior.

That's it for now! I look forward to lively discussions here in the forum and send many greetings from Innsbruck / Tyrol / Austria! Thumbs Up

Thank you very much for your answers!

Post #226702613th Dec 2021 4:48 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to the forum Leap. Thumbs Up

Unable to answer your questions, but no doubt others will be along soon to give you their views.

Nice D4. Thumbs Up
(Clicking “gallery” at the bottom of your post gives everyone access to your pics.)
 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿  
Post #226706413th Dec 2021 8:01 pm
jamez79

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
Re: My Disco 4

LEAP wrote:

GAP IID BT Tool --> is it recommended and if so, has just someone to give away one cheap?

They usually come up for sale on here so just keep looking or post a Wanted advert. The GAP IID BT Tool is definitely worth having!

ANTENNA --> One of the two Blaupunkt antennas have come off the rear window. Can you just tape or glue them back on or do you need a special glue/adhesive film for that?

Double sided tape will work just fine.

REAR WINDOW --> Do you have any recommendations for a custom-fit tinting film (rear window only)?

No, sorry. Any tinting film should work fine. I've only ever fitted tints to one car and it was easy enough to do, just take your time. If it goes wrong, you can always take it off and pay a professional. Laughing

GENERAL --> What mods and customizations can you recommend? Feel free to send me forum links Wink

Too many to list. Searching this forum wil just make you want to do more and more mods! Lightbar, leisure battery, extra internal light in the tailgate so you can see into the boot if out hunting? I tend to gut rabbits on the tailgate so it's handy to have the extra light. Also for checking on the dogs as the dog crate blocks the interior light a bit.

HUNT --> Does anyone know of a cover / tub that covers the entire trunk to behind the driver and passenger seats? I have no seats in the back of the car and would hate to mess up the interior.

I would like one of these if they exist! Over here (UK) we tend to use plasterers baths for transporting deer carcasses to contain any mess.

https://www.toolstation.com/plasterers-pol...lsrc=aw.ds

That's it for now! I look forward to lively discussions here in the forum and send many greetings from Innsbruck / Tyrol / Austria! Thumbs Up

Thank you very much for your answers!

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

Post #226707713th Dec 2021 8:54 pm
LEAP

Austria 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks for the tipps!

I've only just started reading up on mods and you're right, there are quite a few things Smile

Post #226707913th Dec 2021 9:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >