Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 models/options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nigelc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
D4 models/options

Been weighing up selling my 54 D3 and finally got to look at D4 in showroom this morning. Wanted to see GS but they only had XS in showroom. Still now I know what a GS with leather option looks like. More impressesd by interior changes than I thought I would be - can't see anything useful that has been deleted.

Issues:

1. My cloth seats have worn OK except in the seams - would leather be a better option for contact with children, dogs, bits of boats, water (salt and fresh) etc.? Looked at swatches of new fabric - looks improved.

2. Looks like have to go for audio upgrade to get DAB - can't buy a car intend to keep for 10 yrs and not have DAB (analogue signal being switched off?)
3. Do I really need to pay £500 for metallic paint - could I live with white - it seems to suit RRS more than D4.

4. Annoying I can only get front heated seats on GS

5. Now here's real penny pinching. I managed to install towbar wiring on my D3 - could I do that on D4 and use my existing removeable tow bar, instead of paying £500 for tow pack?

Also went for a test drive in D4 HSE which was all they had. Could get used to auto, but thought my 2.7 was just as smooth - maybe I've got a good one.

Post #74610313th Jan 2011 3:33 pm
shropshire farmer

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

I have had my D4 XS for a week now certainly an improvement on the D3 and RRS so far.

XS spec seemed to cover most of the bases.

If you went for an upgrade on GS of leather and sterio how close in price is it to the XS. As I posted on your previous thread Shukers Ludlow have a 59 plate GS with leather.

Are you sure they are turning analogue radio off, i certainly haven't heard that they are.

Pick up a spec comparison sheet from your locak stealer it shows what you get extra on the XS over GS. There are some obvious things like leather, sat nav and bright pack etc.

You can use your current tow bar for definate and electrics i would think you can.
 65 Discovery 4 SE Tech Firenze Red 20"s
63 RR Evoque Dynamic Baltic Blue
13 Ford Ranger Limited Going
61 ML 350 Gone
10 D4 XS Stornoway Grey Gone
56 RRS TdV6 HSE Zermatt Silver and MTRs Going
93 Toyota Hilux The Ultimate Farm Truck
55 D3 TdV6 S Bonatti Grey. 19" and MTRs side bars.Gone
05 D3 TdV6 Chawton White Gone
55 Nissan Navara Aventura Gone
02 Disco Td5 Commercial Gone
00 Freelander Td4 Gone
98 Freelander Gone
MTR club member 

Post #74611213th Jan 2011 3:56 pm
nigelc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Unnecessary quote removed

Quite a significant gap between XS and GS with leather/full size spare/roof rails/htd front seats/powerfold - haven't factored in the audio upgrade if needed cos of DAB thing - not bothered about satnav - bought a garmin Europe one for £80 - only thing in bright pack interests me is auto dimming mirror

Post #74612613th Jan 2011 4:18 pm
nigelc

Just realised there is no option to upgrade audio to include DAB on GS - aaarrrhhh!

But £750 for active rear locking diff seems a reasonable proposition

Post #74613913th Jan 2011 4:36 pm
Wiff

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Ordered a new D4 GS last month, with leather, bright pack, heated seats and a number of other extras and was £K's under a basic XS quote, as I didn't want the satnav.

Post #74633413th Jan 2011 10:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dexter

Scotland 

I looked long and hard at the GS with the options I really wanted and yes, it was a bit of a price difference of about £4k from what I remember. But figured that in the future a GS will always be valued as a GS and the cost of most extras (possibly leather excepted) would be lost whereas an XS will be priced 'from the book' as an XS (although I still managed to load on some extras onto that too Razz )

Got a far better deal on my D3 than I expected so was lucky that I could stretch to the difference, and I really like the SatNav and other XS goodies, now I have them.

Of course, I would have had an HSE if I had the dosh Mr. Green

Dex

Post #74665614th Jan 2011 2:30 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I think full size spare is only an option even on HSE. Certainly was on mine.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #74671514th Jan 2011 4:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Buyacar.co.uk gives all the options including full size spare, I know as I was pricing one up a few days ago, and it was only £110 I think, less than the cost of a tyre Wink

Whether they are right or not is another matter, but seem on the ball and loads of info there.

Post #74671714th Jan 2011 5:03 pm
choppa60

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Can only comment on the leather bit , my d3 hse has premium soft leather , so far in France at the beach it has coped well with
Salt and fresh water , ice cream , suntan lotion , sweaty legs , children , no dog yet
Yoghurt , cat litter , tree bark , sand , and mud feet etc
A bit of saddle soap , and it's all off , saves you worrying endlessly about it , I would never buy a discovery without leather IMHO
Thumbs Up
 2008 ,hse, it does what it says .  
Post #74673614th Jan 2011 5:29 pm
nigelc

Couple more questions. Reading the LR price list, looks like if I already have a removeable towbar, I can get the wiring seperately as a (dealer fit?) option, who can then also activate rear parking sensor disable and Trailer Assist?
Secondly, do all D4's still have FBH, like D3?

Post #74703515th Jan 2011 11:36 am
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yep all cars have an FBH
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #74764816th Jan 2011 2:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >