DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

D4 Reversing Camera question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
D4 Reversing Camera question

Hi there,

I've had my D4 MY12 for a few months and I get a bit annoyed that after starting the D4 and selecting reverse the centre screen is still blank and just starting to load the Home screen. Most of the time the rear camera image hasn't even appeared and I'm already reversing.

Is this delay due to the system still booting up?

Do owners sit and wait to make use of the rear camera or just do what we did in the D3 and hope nothing is behind?

Thanks Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #88915327th Jan 2012 11:22 am
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

That's not right. Splash logo comes on as soon as soon as it detects the smart key well before you even press the start button. Camera screen comes on instantly when reverse is selected. Visit to the dealer required methinks! Thumbs Up

Post #88921127th Jan 2012 2:07 pm
Ted Newman

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

Ours is - open door, get in, press foot brake, press starter button, select reverse gear, watch TV of car going backward, avoid awkward neighbours badly parked car, stop car, select drive and away! Never had any delay!
 LR Discovery 4 XS pulling an Airstream 532 Caravan also own (since new) a 1996 MGF  
Post #88930927th Jan 2012 4:55 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

No delay on mine also but it is a MY11 not a MY12
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #88934227th Jan 2012 5:56 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

Mine is a bit reluctant sometimes as per the OP. It's a MY12 - November. Workshop job is it?

Bill
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #88934327th Jan 2012 5:58 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

when I select reverse the rear view camera is not displayed for about 1 second and occasionally I just get a blue screen Mad I have the surround cameras and the dealer fixed the camera's a few months ago but now starting to get blue screens again Big Cry

Post #88940327th Jan 2012 8:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Russell

United Kingdom 

My MY11 used to come on instantly, however the screen takes a long time on the MY12, can be very frustrating sometimes. Will mention it next time it goes in.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #88941027th Jan 2012 8:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi all,

The Landrover splash screen comes on as soon as I enter the car. I have keyless entry and premium sound.

As soon as I start the car the display can still be loading the icons on the screen and it loads this before the rearview camera image is displayed.

It seems to take awhile and I will be already moving in reverse without the image appearing yet.

Maybe there is lots for the audio system to load before it can display the camera views.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #88954228th Jan 2012 7:05 am
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

My car will be going in for its first service in a couple of months and this is one of things I will be asking them to look at. Even after I have been for a journey in the car, the reverse camera will still take approx 1 second to appear if I select reverse Confused

Post #88967028th Jan 2012 2:15 pm
Blue62

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I get a brief delay as well (MY12), probably a couple of seconds. I have had a problem with the screen recently and have a new one on back order, will post up if the new screen is 'quicker'.

Post #89056130th Jan 2012 11:18 am
cervantes

Romania 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I have a general issue with the MY12 touch system... it has a delay of about a sec for any command... sometimes is frustrating, especially when you write a destination in the navigation system...

regarding the reverse camera... if i am driving and i need to reverse, the image comes up with a delay of about a sec...
if i start the car, same problem... engine starts, takes about 3-5 sec for the home screen to load... and after that the reverse camera is displayed...
in the morning is not a big issue since i leave the car idling for a while (kinda cold these days here)... but during the day, by the time the system loads, i reversed, and i am already on my way...

Post #89057730th Jan 2012 12:17 pm
cervantes

Romania 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

reverse camera problem SOLVED...

there is no more delay... yesterday the display went blank... dead... not even the LAND ROVER logo... Censored

Post #8924393rd Feb 2012 2:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >