Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

D4 Sat nav in a D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 34 of 45 <123 ... 333435 ... 434445>
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

You need the speed wire as it doesn't know how fast you're travelling, so can't manage the route changes.

You will lose the clock time on the D4 screen every time.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #175460728th Dec 2016 11:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nubber99

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Have you enabled the option in the IID tool for the MY2010 screen fitted? I don't know what would happen if you fitted a screen and didn't have this option set. Some things may work, others not.

There is a soft button on the screen to mute any voice directions. Have you accidentally pressed this? I think once mute is selected, it stays selected until you deselect it - even over ignition off.

All the GPS systems I've ever seen can calculate the speed, as long as they have a GPS signal. I think the speed sensor input is only for the times when the signal is lost, but navigation is in progress. My Garmin can continue to show the location on the map even in a very long tunnel and after announcing GPS signal lost. I guess it just uses the last speed to extrapolate where you should be. You can see it jump to the correct position when the signal is aquired again. If the Garmin had an input of speed, it would be more accurate in determining your position when the GPS signal was lost.

Post #175462828th Dec 2016 12:02 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

The My10 screen thing is only for the reverse camera function. You def won't get routing changes and instructions without the abs wire connected. Been there..... Whistle Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #175462928th Dec 2016 12:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nubber99

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Then sounds like the ABS wire is the solution. Maybe this explains why the Sat Nav doesn't display speed. It doesn't calculate it!

Post #175463228th Dec 2016 12:07 pm
inkrediblesste

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi, been reading a lot of threads on here, very informative ,loving the information. Jumping in on this but it is about getting the rear view camera enabled on my 2008 D3 HSE , i have done the RR screen mod, camera is powered from the nearside reverse light, come on in secret menu, just needs to be enabled by Faultmate. Can you help and hook me up please , i would of Emailed but cant find an address. Thanks.

Post #179682328th Mar 2017 12:49 pm
inkrediblesste

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi, been reading a lot of threads on here, very informative ,loving the information. Jumping in on this but it is about getting the rear view camera enabled on my 2008 D3 HSE , i have done the RR screen mod, camera is powered from the nearside reverse light, come on in secret menu, just needs to be enabled by Faultmate. Can you help and hook me up please , i would of Emailed but cant find an address. Thanks.

Post #179682428th Mar 2017 12:50 pm
lineman75

Morning all,
I'm planning on fitting my d4 screen this afternoon, SWMBO allowing! One quick question which is the GPS socket on the d4 unit. I've got a blue and a white socket and the extension lead fits both.any help greatly appreciated.
Nick

Post #17985421st Apr 2017 10:35 am
geoffsnook

Wales 

The white on is for tmc blue for sat nav Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 

Post #17985641st Apr 2017 12:12 pm
Guyzer73

Oman 

Hi All,

Another interloper back from the RRSport site Wink

I had a look at this option and spoke to Wiggs about it last year but decided that because finding a Middle East spec touch screen would be nigh on impossible that I won't progress as I couldn't get the map updates etc.

However, now that I have butchered my '06 Sport OEM stereo (see below), I thought I'd install the '10 screen to coordinate better (black and black, and not the awful beige/ yellow background of the original screen) and retain the 4x4 info screen that I like and hopefully get a little more out of it, as I don't think I'll be successful in 'piping' the 4x4 info screen onto the new stereo...

So here are a few pictures of my current build:

Boot logo - still need to get the Boot Animation to work as currently it's a "static Android logo". The final Boot Animation will be a static LR/RR logo as per the Boot Logo currently:
Click image to enlarge

Home Screen - very Apple Car Play:
Click image to enlarge

Chrome browser:
Click image to enlarge

Sygic Navigation:
Click image to enlarge

General perspective:
Click image to enlarge

So as you can see I have an Android 8.8"touch screen in lieu of the standard stereo. The idea now is to use the updated LR touch screen for:

A. 4x4 info screen
B. Reversing camera - spoiler mounted
C. If possible video feed or similar.

So for A. and B. above, I have all the info from the pages of this thread, including installation etc. Very Happy So a BIG THANK YOU ALL!! Thumbs Up

But for 'C' how can I get a video feed to display on the screen. I'm thinking of using the video out from the stereo to display a movie for the passenger, while I use the main stereo for navigation for example. Ideally I don't want a GVIF unit, rather something that provides an OEM function on the screen under the Audio Video button, so I'm guessing it would need to be over the MOST cable? Any ideas how to do that and what I'd need?

Any questions on the frankstein stereo, please ask Very Happy and I'll start a new thread as I don't want to hijack this thread more than I have already with the pictures. Wink

Cheers

Guy

Post #18447687th Aug 2017 6:28 am
ds23man

Netherlands 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Some thoughts on the navupdate. Because it is Vin related, the screen gets this information fram the head unit. So it must be possible to update with a D4 headunit connected to the screen and know the Vin stored in it.

Post #18448087th Aug 2017 9:39 am
Guyzer73

Oman 

So finally got time to do the install.

Thanks to all who posted advice and how to's they all helped no end.

I now have a truly hybrid media center installed as you can see below:

Anyway everything works so far. Now need to decide if I'll run the reversing camera through the screen and also try a 'dual' BT setup with the head unit. Plus get the TV input to work with the video out feed of the stereo also...

Cheers

Guy

Edited to include photos

Post #18554308th Sep 2017 4:10 pm
geoffsnook

Wales 

Looks cool let me know if you find a way to feed the land rover screen with a tv input Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 

Post #18554928th Sep 2017 6:41 pm
Sebastien9968

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hi guys think this mod is the dogs danglers looking at doing me self are all the cables likely to be there or do I need to buy separate found a head unit but havn’t Opened my d3 up yet, mine just has the cubby hole no original head unit. Many thanks guys

Post #188157820th Nov 2017 11:26 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

@Sebastien9968 You first need to check what head unit you have fitted as your profile states a base car, you need to have the 6cd changer fitted inorder to fit the screen as it needs fibre optics to work, if you dont have have the 6cd changer then its a non starter.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #188178320th Nov 2017 6:47 pm
Sebastien9968

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I bought the same model as posted to get in this topic and have the 6 cd changer should the finer optic cable be there before I take it apart or do I need to buy the cable separate can’t seem to find one online, many thanks for the quick response so glad to be back in the Land Rover community after a stint away feel at home again thank you again

Post #188191620th Nov 2017 10:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 34 of 45 <123 ... 333435 ... 434445>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >