Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

D4 Wheel with Tiptronic on a D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 47 of 47 <123 ... 454647
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Don’t mean to rub it in but there’s a dude on FB Disco 3 & 4 Owners group that sells the steering wheel conversion boards for ~1/3 price. In case someone else is interested, his name is Fritjof Dittner.

Post #217966212th Oct 2020 1:39 pm
AndyViking

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Don’t think that this is the place to mention that for all sorts of reasons tbh

The BBS team developed this gear and sponsor our site. Loyalty counts for a lot these days and so does customer service. BBS have been great. Don’t know who Fritjoff is but did he spend the time developing these boards, the technology etc or did he simply copy or borrow someone else’s IP? If he developed them independently then that’s fine. If he didn’t, then he doesn’t deserve my support or custom.

That said, I did look at his boards to see why they were so much cheaper but I couldn’t get over the feeling they were a little too close for comfort to the BBS boards. Hope he is around in four or five years time to support the boards he makes. He certainly doesn’t respond to multiple messages, enquiries or questions at the moment.

Anyway, you pays your money as they say and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase or my morals.

Toodles.
 D3 - 2008.5MY HSE, Stornaway Grey, RSE etc - all the toys
Grabber AT3s, Smoked Sweeping Side Repeaters
D4 Steering Wheel with BBS boards
IID BT Tool - happy to help with fault codes 

Post #217966712th Oct 2020 2:09 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Splitting hairs but BBS isn’t mentioned on the sponsors page. They might have been a sponsor in the past.

Post #217967112th Oct 2020 2:38 pm
AndyViking

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Black box solutions...
 D3 - 2008.5MY HSE, Stornaway Grey, RSE etc - all the toys
Grabber AT3s, Smoked Sweeping Side Repeaters
D4 Steering Wheel with BBS boards
IID BT Tool - happy to help with fault codes 

Post #217967812th Oct 2020 3:00 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Kajtzu and Thank You for your kind Comments and Appreciation AndyViking

Kajitsu, I may well not be on some list and am not worried about that and have no need to be. Regardless of any list or sponsor status, It is blindingly obvious that I have for many years been a sponsor on this forum and most other of Martins forums. But mostly and even more importantly I have become a well respected and seemingly much appreciated supporter on this site and to it's members and have contributed significantly by making vast numbers of threads and posts of huge technical aspects and assisting in regards of a really wide range of technical modification and support.

btw, "many years" means my first post on this forum was actually made way back in 2007.

Since then I have contributed on this forum vastly in respect of many aspects including developing and introducing the first equipment with capabilities to allow the likes of CCF editing that were once not even heard of and when vehicle configuration changes was deemed not possible.

Sadly, these days I am no longer able to visit this forum as often as I would hope / like, but I do still still respond as best I can to PM' s from any and all members requesting technical help and I do believe and hope that I have a hard earned degree of appreciation and respect here on this forum and generally in the LR owner community.

AndyViking is absolutely spot on.
Even this thread alone as I started to sort a required solution started way back in 2010 and if you read all the posts on this now 47 page thread, you might Just get to appreciate even just a small aspect of the Immense effort we here at BBS put in to this project that really and quite obviously is well beyond "there’s a dude on FB Disco 3 & 4 Owners group"

Getting the illumination color to correctly and exactly match the wavelength of OEM lighting was a huge problem, matching lumen levels to match original intensity requiring dropper resisters that generate heat and then and dealing with the resultant huge and problematic thermal dissipation aspects that causes, which is why our kit is Gold Plated, to name but name but a few aspects and our legendary support is but the cherry on the cake.

As anyone can see, this was not easy and was never going to be major some money maker for BBS, but we did finally get there with it and get to supply an option for those wishing to do this and as seen so many are benefiting .

Our Steering Wheel conversion kit may not be as inexpensive as some may hope, Including Me, Thus allowing room for cheaper copies. But what we offer cuts absolutely no corners, in fact going beyond and is clearly an exceptionally high quality Item than has much more technical detail beyond its basic role.

I won't even go into the aspect of our adding Heated wheel, ACC or Paddle shift addition using FR tech and parasitic supply options or support and am struggling to believe that any LR owner would not have at least some appreciation of quality over cost.

I have now seen this alternate which appears to have not properly addressed all or any of these aspects.

I am far from impressed or concerned about this TBH because it is clearly nothing like comparible

Just my 2 Cents worth.

Post #217969012th Oct 2020 4:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
V8man

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Got agree with Andy Viking
And bbs spy Bow down

Post #221205619th Feb 2021 6:22 pm
Broncoduecer

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Thank you @BBS SPY for the great kit. Installed mine today from a 2013 LR4 into my 2007 LR3. Great quality, everything fit very well and all functions work great. I’ve been very happy with all my products from BBS. Well done on the led lighting. I can see how that would be challenging. Cheers!

Post #224853827th Aug 2021 12:23 am
Mars Rover

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi BBS SPY. I'm trying to buy these boards. I have emailed the shop too. Can I place an order?

Post #22868096th Apr 2022 6:16 pm
pwheeldon

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Just replying so I can have a thorough read later!
 Discovery 4 GS 2009 Auto Stornoway Grey
Discovery 3 s 2005 Auto Bonatti Grey Gone
Discovery 3 SE 2005 Manual Zambezi Silver Gone
Range Rover Sport HSE 2006 Black
Aston Martin DB7 VV 

Post #22946597th Jun 2022 12:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 47 of 47 <123 ... 454647
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >