Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 with XENON LIGHTS or not
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

2.7 CO2 figures are exactly as before so no change, I'd say. 3.0 Auto has same CO2 as 2.7 Manual.

Go on, you know you want the new engine...

Post #52317722nd Sep 2009 7:42 am
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

SGK wrote:
Embarassed - may be I should read properly and then write. We are in the year 2009 - not 2010. So all I have to do is order before January ...
So there is a Xenon light in sight, after all.
Now I just have to convince myself that I really don't need the bigger engine ... Wink
Does anyone know if the 2.7 litre engine is exactly the same or if it has been tweaked to cut fuel consumption?
Being very environmentally aware I feel that I owe the environment the bigger engine to save extra fuel Wink
But the budget is still an issue ...
Smile
Steffan

According to the presentation we had at LR last week the 3L engine is better all round. Power, Torque, Economy, Emissions. Its also Euro 5 compliant.

http://www.carpages.co.uk/land_rover/land-...-04-09.asp
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #52318022nd Sep 2009 7:54 am
SGK

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Ok, I am convinced, the wife is (sort of - anyway enough) convinced, lets see what the accountant has to say.
I also like the longer service interval on the bigger engine - i.e. every 24,000km.
Shame LR is not willing to do any discounts at all here - or has anyone heard different about sales in Australia?
The only discount I am aware of is the Corporate deal?
Smile
sgk
 Prado Grande --> D3 --> D4 ... its getting better all the time Smile 

Last edited by SGK on 22nd Sep 2009 1:21 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #52318922nd Sep 2009 8:22 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

AFAIK the 2.7 is exactly the same engine (and brakes) as the D3
If you're ordering a D4 I think it'd be morally wrong not to order it with the 3l lump Rolling Eyes
 The End  
Post #52319322nd Sep 2009 8:36 am
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

My accountant and another at the office were purchasing new vehicles for the initial 30/6/09 date and the ATO required the rego number as proof of purchase. They got private rulings to accept VINs instead. However my dealer said that they will not trust LR documentation for the VIN as they have previously found errors, so need to sight the VIN on the vehicle, which will not be possible if the vehicle has not arrived. As at 30/6/09 the ATO would not accept order paperwork but an application would be made on that basis due to the VIN not being available.

Post #52332622nd Sep 2009 12:44 pm
GraemeS

Slimer wrote:
AFAIK the 2.7 is exactly the same engine (and brakes) as the D3
If you're ordering a D4 I think it'd be morally wrong not to order it with the 3l lump Rolling Eyes

A was hoping for a base model with 3.0 but had to go SE to get the engine.

Post #52333322nd Sep 2009 1:06 pm
GraemeS

AndrewS wrote:
Its also Euro 5 compliant.

Only if the exhaust DPF is fitted.

Post #52333522nd Sep 2009 1:10 pm
SGK

Quote:
If you're ordering a D4 I think it'd be morally wrong not to order it with the 3l lump

No no, that would never do.
I must do the morally right thing. Bow down !

I will immediately order a white D4 with standard xenon lights (kind of expensive, but come with a free bigger engine) and diff lock.

Always wanted the diff lock, wished I had it twice, and after watching this video posted in another thread just have to have one - way cooler than metallic paint! Thumbs Up

Thanks for putting me on the right path. With one strike I will save the environment, save the economy and maintain my virtues! I don't think I will ever be able to top this. Wink

Cheers
Smile
sgk
Post #52333722nd Sep 2009 1:17 pm
GraemeS

I'm ambivalent with white but SWMBO is not quite so, but the e-diff is a must-have for me if buying new. Definitely want to do the moral thing, just have to work out how I can pay for it.

Post #52458023rd Sep 2009 11:51 pm
SGK

I have a silver D3 now as I wasn't sure about the white, but when I saw one in the flesh liked it actually better than the silver. If I ever get around to tint the rear windows I bet it will look even better.

Anyway I thought I'd rather spend the money for the metallic paint on better stuff - but I am OK with white. I wouldn't buy a car in a color I don't like just because it is a tiny bit cheaper.

I have now placed an order for February delivery, Alaska white, headlight assist, rear diff and the small audio upgrade which allows controlling ipod though the new radio screen as well as hooking up USB sticks with music and so on. All this together was about $2000 extra, which is just a little more than metallic paint. I think I get a lot more value out of that than out of the paint.

Anyway, as you have time until December to order (as I have finally figured out Wink ) why don't you check with the dealer when a white one comes in. There are a few on the boat now. That way you can see it in the metal.

My dealer told me that they are planning to order more white ones, as they feel the new one looks even better in white than the old one.

I'll have to wait until Feb for delivery - but that would only be a problem for me, if I didn't have a D3 already Thumbs Up

Smile
sgk
Post #52459024th Sep 2009 1:41 am
GraemeS

I have D4 on order. I had ordered a D3 in April in Atacama Sand with e-diff but the colour was found to be discontinued and didn't particulalry like any other colour so waited for the my10 & possibly the 3.0. A Nara Bronze Almond/Arabica D4 with e-diff was ordered early July but the dealer re-ordered on 17/8 due to it having a DPF & sat-nav as 1st-wave SE build (must have already been built) which I had specifically requested to not have. Delivery is now late Dec or early Jan. The extra cost of metallic paint will be insignificant compared with the total cost of a vehicle which I expect to have for many years, although I have not ordered features that I wont use. Fingers are crossed that I will still be able to complete the purchase because it would be a fantastic step up from my TD5 D2a, although an early 2.7 D3 SE would still be very good.

Post #52459224th Sep 2009 2:27 am
SGK

Makes sense. If I wasn't happy with white, the extra cost for metallic would not have been an issue.
Probably a good idea to stay away from the first builds. My car will likely be built in November - hopefully by then they have worked ou the kinks.
Many call the D4 a D3.5, but even when I bought the D3 I was dreaming of a bigger engine and diff - but there was no bigger engine and the waiting time to order the diff separately was too long for me to care about (plus everyone said you don't really need it, anyway). I don't agree with this though based on my own (if somewhat limited) experience. Seems to me if I spend $1200 to add a device which makes offroad driving much less strainful on the car, then that's a good investment, even if not strictly required to get there.
Plus you buy the D4 not just to get there - its also about how you get there Wink (plus I never ever again want to be left behind by a Prado with difflocks)
Smile
sgk
Post #52459824th Sep 2009 7:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >