Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

D4 Woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jakeboy

Scotland 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

So we got her back and so far - all is well Thumbs Up To be fair, the guys at Taggarts were great today and provided us with as much comfort regarding the replacement engine as they could do.

Somewhat inevitably, they could not give me anything official stating that the new engine has been updated/modified to resolve the issue of bearing rotation but thè Service Manager did confirm that he had contacted LR Engineering to ask the question and was awaiting a response. Hoping for a positive answer on that front.

To be fair to Taggarts, they simply order an OEM engine from LR and accept that it is the correct part, without fault if it is coming from LR. I can't expect them to challenge either LR or Ford for that matter. Much as I wouldn't
expect them to question any other approved OEM part.

However, I have about 14 months warranty left in order to get the confirmation of a modified engine, or it's getting sold the week before the warranty runs out - at least, that's my train of thought at the moment. Ironically, if I traded it in now, they would simply put it back on the forecourt and re-sell it with a 2 year Used Approved Warranty Exclamation

Not got that warm cosy feeling but do have the Disco back and she is driving well so reasonably happy Thumbs Up

Post #18541064th Sep 2017 6:41 pm
XXV

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

XXV wrote:
Mine was in last week to Taggarts in Maryhill road. What a difference to the Censored muppet show in Stirling. Service was 1st class. Waiting on a new sunroof (Opening bit) as a lot of wind noise. No you cant just get a new seal its a whole new unit.

Hold the press...i'll need to take my glowing recommendation back!

While it was in for it's MOT. I was informed it needed Rear Pads , Disks and "Possibly Shoes"???? But they would not know that until they took off the Disks. If it was all three things that would be £675

A quick trip to Jim Dicksons place in Cumbernauld. £90 for pads and they ground the Disks as there was nothing wrong with them.

Post #185716813th Sep 2017 1:49 pm
Somerset Bumpkin

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

You've got to expect that from a dealer though. They employ mechanics, not fitters.

Post #185740213th Sep 2017 9:41 pm
XXV

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I realise dealers are expensive and have a large o/ head....but don't tell me I need something I don't!

On another note the "mechanics" that I experienced at the main dealers could not fit a nut in a monkeys mouth. Anything hard had to be referred to land rover technical.

Post #185741113th Sep 2017 10:05 pm
Dave T

England 

That branch is always very expensive as well, for my D3 they wanted £1300 for timing belt and service, Parks in Ayr did it for £650!
They also wanted £100 a month more for a D4 than Parks when I bought my last one.
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #185743714th Sep 2017 6:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >