Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

D5 Dog Film
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
jimbg

United Kingdom 

You obviously did not tell them what they wanted to hear!! Rolling with laughter

Post #178509928th Feb 2017 7:01 pm
RDR

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Ive bought 5x D3s and 4s in the last 10 years, 3 for me and 2 for SWHMBO but have never been asked to fill in or participate in any survey. Dealer knows I'm on the lookout to change immediately too.

Im sure LR watch this forum but as said above we form a very small representation of the market. We are by the fact we have joined this forum different from the average owner, it means we have further interest in the car and have probably purchased it for a more specific reason than most who just want 4 wheels and a badge. I think we would be severely out numbered in a top ten requiremnts pole.
 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
MY12 HSE - Gone
MY16 HSE Luxury - Sold
MY20 D5 HSE - Sold
Current RR L460 PHEV 

Post #178510228th Feb 2017 7:05 pm
Discomadness

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Yes but surely people on land rover forums particularly would be of interest as we have more of an interest than the average buyer ? It makes no sense.
 Jarrod

Current : D3 2007 HSE - AKA the lemon
-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs
-club body off rebuild. TWICE. 

Post #178510828th Feb 2017 7:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Let's face it, if LR asked half of the people on here what they want in a D5, they'd probably get the answer "just a D4 with better fuel economy"! Rolling with laughter
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #178511028th Feb 2017 7:20 pm
RDR

not from me don't care about economy when it comes to the primary car a D4 with more technology and either Supercharged V8 petrol or some tesla beating EV option. I can dream Laughing
MY12 HSE - Gone
MY16 HSE Luxury - Sold
MY20 D5 HSE - Sold
Current RR L460 PHEV 

Post #178511228th Feb 2017 7:24 pm
jimbg

United Kingdom 

Discomadness wrote:
Yes but surely people on land rover forums particularly would be of interest as we have more of an interest than the average buyer ? It makes no sense.

If you want any chance of being asked to be involved in surveys then you probably need to get on the LR database not your dealers.
Try registering on the LR web site when asked for feedback.

Post #178511528th Feb 2017 7:26 pm
J77

Scotland 

There is the LR Advisory board, I've been getting emails since I bought the Disco Sport, I've never logged on so don't know what it's all about.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #178514428th Feb 2017 8:13 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

With such bad packaging and the reduced boot size, are you sure they did use a Jack Russell in the CAD program? Laughing
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #178514728th Feb 2017 8:18 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Perhaps someone got Sammys scaling wrong in the CAD

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #178514828th Feb 2017 8:24 pm
Phil B

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

FFS guys, it's getting like a Brexit / Remain debate on here. I've owned a D3, now I'm buying a D5. Both great vehicles in their own right (I've driven the D5 - its terrific , and I'm not a journalist). I currently own a S1 RRS, so I'm not new to the brand or it's values. So much negativity is getting a bit old now.
 Java TDV6 HSE with Alpaca and a few other fancy bits
BMW C1 200 with too many options to list and the world's worst image 

Post #17852831st Mar 2017 7:38 am
artschool

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

i don think we are being negative. maybe concerned is a better word.

i used to love Nokia phones and at one point the company ruled the phone world with its products.

they got the design of a few models wrong with microsoft and they have vanished off the map.

this year they had just relaunched one of their classic models. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39095127

Post #17852871st Mar 2017 8:13 am
RDR

It's banter just like the disco v rrs.

Glad your getting a d5 I really want one to buy one too but the negatives are preventing me (practicality) which is potentially forcing me out of the brand. if it fitted for me I would be truly over the moon and no doubt collecting one very soon but I'm not and that peeves me I've been looking forward to the D5 for 2 years as I'm quite frankly bored of the d4. It's seeing daft marketing like this that is going to spark this response on this D3/4 forum.

I'm a member of the d5 forum and I'm sure this clip will have received positive views and I for one would not invade that thread with my views and keep them on this site.

Time heals and I'm sure it will calm down but right now personally I'm a bit lost and having to test and negotiate with other brands which I really wish I didn't have to do. It's like Christmas has come and I've just found out I'm on the naughty list and not getting what I want Big Cry
MY12 HSE - Gone
MY16 HSE Luxury - Sold
MY20 D5 HSE - Sold
Current RR L460 PHEV 

Post #17852901st Mar 2017 8:21 am
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Yep. I'm in exactly the same boat. Had 2 deposits down last winter with different dealers, so desperate were we to be first in line for a new D5. Our D4 was 4 years old, had loads of things starting to go wrong and had seen some exciting 'carrots on sticks' ....

Fast foward 8 months later. No definitive roll out date, talks of production delays at the dealership, road tax increase, no spec price, no confirmed design just spy shots of something trying to look like a camo zebra and dealerships also in the dark about just about anything to do with the D5 ... so we bagged ourselves a great deal on a new Landmark. It was definitely a case of the devil we know vs. the devil we don't plus I am sure we would of been royally screwed with a P/E at the dealership.

Saying that though, got a friend who is picking up her black D5 HSE later today. I am seriously envious. However, I'm still trying to work out why ... I LOVE a new car (smell, feel etc) but is my envy based on it being a new car or because it is a D5. Confused Love the front end, hate the back end, love the tech, hate the boot, love the lux look interior, got mud loving kids and crazy mud/fox poo loving mutts ..... so many conflicts !!!
 My16 HSE Landmark - 2016 - Current. Indus Silver
My11 HSE - 2011- 2016. Stornoway Grey 

Post #17853571st Mar 2017 11:36 am
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Going from a D3 to a D5?! Blimey the D4 wasn't blingy OR impractical enough that you waited THIS long to change?! Wink Laughing
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #17854061st Mar 2017 2:00 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Pollski wrote:
Yep. I'm in exactly the same boat. Had 2 deposits down last winter with different dealers, so desperate were we to be first in line for a new D5. Our D4 was 4 years old, had loads of things starting to go wrong and had seen some exciting 'carrots on sticks' ....

Fast foward 8 months later. No definitive roll out date, talks of production delays at the dealership, road tax increase, no spec price, no confirmed design just spy shots of something trying to look like a camo zebra and dealerships also in the dark about just about anything to do with the D5 ... so we bagged ourselves a great deal on a new Landmark. It was definitely a case of the devil we know vs. the devil we don't plus I am sure we would of been royally screwed with a P/E at the dealership.

Saying that though, got a friend who is picking up her black D5 HSE later today. I am seriously envious. However, I'm still trying to work out why ... I LOVE a new car (smell, feel etc) but is my envy based on it being a new car or because it is a D5. Confused Love the front end, hate the back end, love the tech, hate the boot, love the lux look interior, got mud loving kids and crazy mud/fox poo loving mutts ..... so many conflicts !!!

The new car is for those that want a high up SUV/Luxury car and probably tow too.... I don't see it as a vehicle for utility in the same regard.

This is where LR have been quite clever, they have split the Lux/Utility of the D4 in two - it brings the Defender up in quality to become similar to D3 luxury at least, the Luxury side of the D4 now becomes a RRS XXL.

That said once we see a few proper dirty ones and pro speed have done the dutiful I'm sure we'll all change our minds
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #17854081st Mar 2017 2:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >