Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

D5 Namib Orange SE TD6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 12 <123 ... 101112
Grianaig
 


Member Since: 08 Jul 2014
Location: Tyne and Wear
Posts: 289

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

How many curry hooks does a man need Rolling with laughter

Seriously I have been torn between hanging on to my three year old D4 with its relatively low mileage and changing. The D5 was the obvious replacement. Reading and following owners like yourselves (J77 and Russell) and others on the D5 forum who have had mostly good experiences I just cannot make the leap thanks to JLR's attitude. SWMBO getS more enthusiastic after each one we see whereas I am beginning to think RRS.
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver
2006 MY Discovery S Zermatt Silver Manual
2003 MY Discovery S Td5 White Gold
1999 MY Discovery S Td5 Kinversand
1995 MY Discovery S Td 300 Willow Green
1991 MY Discovery 3 Door Cairngorm
1987 MY 90 County Estate Blue
1980 MY 88 SWB S3 Estate Sand
1970 MY 88 SWB S2a Grey 
 
Post #187321828th Oct 2017 5:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
J77
 


Member Since: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Fife
Posts: 3381

Scotland 

Russell wrote:
You not happy with more than one then Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Sorry I must disagree, I have had a new D4 when they first came out and had much more issues with that than I have had with the D5, yes I have had a few teething problems but thankfully the dealer has sorted them our and LR have looked after me so I cannot complain so far, but if they continue to have issues with the diesel dilution and do not resolve it then they may make a diffrence


SE doesn’t even get one Laughing

Don’t get me wrong the D5 is nice and I’ve no regrets buying it, I’m just a bit frustrated with it at the moment. I’ve no complaints with my dealer but lately it’s seems this thing is never out a workshop and it’s just silly little things that take the shine out of the ownership experience.

As I said selling up is perhaps a bit drastic but it’s on the cards if the niggles continue.

I’ve had 7 perfect LRs, one lemon (D3) and the D5, perhaps had it easy.
 17MY Discovery SE TD6, Namib 🍊  
Post #187323528th Oct 2017 6:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
J77
 


Member Since: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Fife
Posts: 3381

Scotland 

Took the D5 out for a good run today, including some rutted muddy tracks some a bit too deep, bottomed out despite in off road height, and despite its poor quality in areas, it did put a smile on my face and I can’t fault its comfort behind the wheel. I just wish LR would get a grip on build quality.
 17MY Discovery SE TD6, Namib 🍊  
Post #18772338th Nov 2017 4:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
SHARKYSHARKS
 


Member Since: 20 Dec 2008
Location: Saddleworth Oldham
Posts: 1868

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Hope they’ve improved before I get mine next month Shocked
 44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Current)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S

Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector
 
 
Post #18772398th Nov 2017 4:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
OJ-LR4
 


Member Since: 01 Oct 2017
Location: Loch Leven
Posts: 407

Scotland 2015 LR4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyLR4

J77 wrote:
Took the D5 out for a good run today, including some rutted muddy tracks some a bit too deep, bottomed out despite in off road height, and despite its poor quality in areas, it did put a smile on my face and I can’t fault its comfort behind the wheel. I just wish LR would get a grip on build quality.


Glentarkie? Mr. Green
 2015 Discovery 4

Gone-2015 Defender Puma 2.2, 2010 Defender Puma 2.4, 2001 Defender Td5, 1993 Defender 200 Tdi


 
 
Post #18772578th Nov 2017 5:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
J77
 


Member Since: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Fife
Posts: 3381

Scotland 

SHARKYSHARKS wrote:
Hope they’ve improved before I get mine next month Shocked


It just depends on how they feel on the day it’s built Laughing some owners are still problem free, mine lasted 5 months, lured me in to a false sense of security. I’m sure yours will be fine.
 17MY Discovery SE TD6, Namib 🍊  
Post #18772638th Nov 2017 5:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
J77
 


Member Since: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Fife
Posts: 3381

Scotland 

OJ-LR4 wrote:
J77 wrote:
Took the D5 out for a good run today, including some rutted muddy tracks some a bit too deep, bottomed out despite in off road height, and despite its poor quality in areas, it did put a smile on my face and I can’t fault its comfort behind the wheel. I just wish LR would get a grip on build quality.


Glentarkie? Mr. Green


No, I was out by Crail, there’s a track that runs parallel to the road which the foreign farm workers use to get between fields with their untaxed LDV Convoy minibus. So I had a try, much to the surprise of the owner of the Black D5 behind me Laughing
 17MY Discovery SE TD6, Namib 🍊  
Post #18772658th Nov 2017 5:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
SHARKYSHARKS
 


Member Since: 20 Dec 2008
Location: Saddleworth Oldham
Posts: 1868

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

J77 wrote:
SHARKYSHARKS wrote:
Hope they’ve improved before I get mine next month Shocked


It just depends on how they feel on the day it’s built Laughing some owners are still problem free, mine lasted 5 months, lured me in to a false sense of security. I’m sure yours will be fine.


Thumbs Up
 44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Current)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S

Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector
 
 
Post #18772878th Nov 2017 7:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
OJ-LR4
 


Member Since: 01 Oct 2017
Location: Loch Leven
Posts: 407

Scotland 2015 LR4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyLR4

J77 wrote:
OJ-LR4 wrote:
J77 wrote:
Took the D5 out for a good run today, including some rutted muddy tracks some a bit too deep, bottomed out despite in off road height, and despite its poor quality in areas, it did put a smile on my face and I can’t fault its comfort behind the wheel. I just wish LR would get a grip on build quality.


Glentarkie? Mr. Green


No, I was out by Crail, there’s a track that runs parallel to the road which the foreign farm workers use to get between fields with their untaxed LDV Convoy minibus. So I had a try, much to the surprise of the owner of the Black D5 behind me Laughing


Thumbs Up
 2015 Discovery 4

Gone-2015 Defender Puma 2.2, 2010 Defender Puma 2.4, 2001 Defender Td5, 1993 Defender 200 Tdi


 
 
Post #18772888th Nov 2017 7:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Canburne
 


Member Since: 15 Jan 2013
Location: Devon
Posts: 1259

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Well on Sunday lunchtime I drove to Windsor from Devon, had two days in London and the drove home on Tuesday, saw load and loads of Discoveries but only ONE Disco 5. Suppose it must be because there are lots disco's around but not that many 5's Rolling with laughter Whistle
 "the inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings....the inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" Winston Churchill

2016 D4 Landmark Club Waitomo ...or is it Club Tempest????
2015 D4 HSE Aintree Green 
 
Post #18773678th Nov 2017 10:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Post Reply
Display posts from the last:  
Post Reply Back to top
Page 12 of 12 <123 ... 101112
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >


Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



DISCO3.CO.UK Copyright © 2004-2017 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis
DISCO3.CO.UK RSS Feed - All Forums Follow DISCO3.CO.UK on twitter

DISCO3.CO.UK is independent and not affiliated to Land Rover.
Switch to Mobile Site