Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

dash lights flickering, no starting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
ardler_dan

United Kingdom 

you can pay to vote, but they will not affect the final results.

As for what it was, all the flickering lights, nonstarting etc was due to a loose earth point in the drivers footwell (at bottom of A pillar). If you remove the earth all together then things stay mad, reconnect it with some contact cleaner etc all was well... NOTHING I HAD TOUCHED. I'm releaved that it was something simple but slightly annoyed that I've lost all this time fannying about with it and probably won't get paid.

There is still faults to do with the special functions/HDC fault/brake light on as described above but I can't seem to find what it is related to. I hope these are due to some really silly software issue (a recall on the braking system is due to be carried out anyway).

We've come to an agreement that the car is going to go to LR tomorrow, where the owner has requested the recall is carried out before anything else, then I will be contacted and see where it takes us.

they want around £55 for a diagnostic check which is very reasonable for a main dealer, however their labour rate is going to need a gulp to accept. I'm taking the stance now that the other faults cannot be down to me due to his past history with the light coming on but turning itself off. Dependant on what the dealer comes up with hopefully I won't have any more outlay, but I'm still wondering if they're going to stick me in the back.

As a recap the faults now left are:
Ignition on, self test, instrument cluster screen reports HDC FAULT, SUSPENSION FAULT, SPECIAL FUNCTIONS NOT AVAILABLE. Lights illuminated are the bottom left one which resembles a RR with lots of arrows around it, a traction control one in the same bank of lights more to the right, and the brake light which resembles (!). All of these are amber. Put the vehicle into reverse, or press the parking sensor button and the display complains of "Front parking sensors not available" or something to that affect. There is also a fault which says "Vehicle lean during corners" as well. The vehicle has selve leveled now thankfully, but you cannot change height you get a bong, try and use special functions and the message "special functions not available"
When you go and drive it the car says "suspension lowering" but will drive over 30mph, performance seems good as well.

I hope this can prove helpful to your guys in future and if anybody has any ideas on the remaining issues let me know... now go check your earth points at the bottom of the A pillars.

Many Thanks

Daniel

P.S. omnibus edition available on sunday Thumbs Up

Post #55573324th Nov 2009 6:52 pm
kernowexpeditionaryforce

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

wicked m8! nice to hear i was right with the earths.... 8) lol

Post #55576124th Nov 2009 7:47 pm
ardler_dan

United Kingdom 

I had a feeling that this would be the case but I was only really looking near or withing arms reach of where I'd been.. o well we live we learn.

Post #55576324th Nov 2009 7:49 pm
ardler_dan

United Kingdom 

collected,
customer even seemed kind of happy regarding it, hopefully it will be sorted for the end of the week and not show up as any fault of mine Thumbs Up

Post #55584624th Nov 2009 9:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >