Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Dastek Powerplug
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

bkehoe wrote:
I also don't see why I need to keep defending my wish to enquire about these things. For some reason I think if the roles were reversed things would be different.

Nothing wrong with asking mate... just this whole thread appears to have been set up to bait TFC Twisted Evil not to discuss the merits of different products.

Best way to test these products in my opinion is to have a try before you buy. Get feedback from users of the product and know your dealing with someone who you can trust and will be there when you need them.

Post #15886618th May 2007 8:36 pm
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well adding fuel to the fire so to speak isn't my intention. I have intended on asking these questions, and I thought the suggestion of tests on one vehicle may have been taken up.

A try before you buy on another vehicle is appreciated, but it wouldn't be conclusive. What if, for example, the TC demo D3 had been driven by a granny for the previous week and the JE D3 had been driven by a F1 driver? The gearbox will have adapted to suit the style of driving and there may be a different feel as a result. Also you have factors like the type of diesel in the tank, additional accessories, different air filter, MY and spec of vehicle, etc.

As for end users opinions, well isn't anyone who's gone from standard to any tuned map is going to praise it and say "wow it goes way faster than before" (well I hope anyway!)? Their opinions on service and support of course can be taken into account.

As for who to trust, I think all 3 - TC, JE and TT have proven that they can be trusted - I've had Discoverys tuned by both TC and JE before and as for 10, well when he's so well respected here, why can't you trust him! Wink I'd never trust a resistor in a box though!
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #15887618th May 2007 8:59 pm
simon

if you do a remap your posh auto box will get reset anyway AFAIK... could be wrong. And the ideal test is on your own D3 not someone else's.

Post #15888118th May 2007 9:08 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

wiggs wrote:
I for one am quite interested in this debate ...as a potential buyer of one of these products its nice to know what im spending my hard earned money on.

And surely if its bothering you so much then dont read this topic !!!

.........but you aren't getting anything except a slanging match, proof is in the pudding and its pointless going round in circles. Rolling Eyes
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #15888318th May 2007 9:17 pm
simon

And Gerry has done a runner like he did on RRS side too...

Post #15888418th May 2007 9:19 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I read somewhere about there being a "seagull manager" ...I think Gerry is a "seagull poster" ...swoops in , craps on everything and then flies off Rolling with laughter
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #15888618th May 2007 9:29 pm
tasmod

There's no baiting going on. TFC is the one who is on a 'wind up' mission.

TFC is 'selling' a tune supplied to him by Chris (LR Tuning ex TurboChip) via Italy, who once cried to all and sundry that TC was the best and vehemently defended it. Now by proxy however he has primed TFC, despite TFC protestations, because of his fued with TC.

At the moment Torq Tune is one man, yet miraculously he has the best tune on the market and can make your car 'sing and dance'. All this without any major investment in time and technology as the others have done.
Come on get real.

I'm not bothered whether TFC has a tune to 'sell'. What I am bothered about is TFC openly slagging competition and generating 'hype' for his product. He is blatantly decrying all others products, this despite some of the best engineers in the market debunking his statements.

Long standing, large posters means nothing ! Banal comments make up approx 70% of TFC posts and not knowledge. AND before anyone gets on their high horse I know TFC offers some very good info to the forum, just don't judge people by their lack of posts.

If anyone is sick of this thread and others, look carefully back over the posts. The most inflamatory comments are made by TFC.

One final comment, read carefully. There is very little to chose between the 'tunes' on the market in terms of gains. Pick which one you want to go with.

That is an honest opinion and no hype. Go with any of the tuners you wish including TFC but please no more 'knocking' or hype TFC.

Incidently, changing from an existing TC tune to a TT tune will not give dramatic improvements !! The results are very similar, you will only be out of pocket.

Declaration: I am a TurboChip dealer but do not speak on behalf of TurboChip but purely my own thoughts. I always try to be honest and clear. I have tested the TC product to my own satisfaction before commiting myself to a dealership. I still carry out tests in my own way from time to time, vehicles permitting. (See RR Sport)

Post #15888818th May 2007 9:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Very interesting Tasmod Rolling Eyes ...oh and by the way ..you still haven't responded to my post asking how much of the proceeds of sale of your sills is contributed to the site?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #15889118th May 2007 9:36 pm
simon

tasmod wrote:
There's no baiting going on.

Really Thud

Post #15889418th May 2007 9:41 pm
tasmod

Nor will I ! Same as the thread asking how much profit I have made ! My business not yours.

If there is a problem Martin would let me know. We have talked about this and he is OK with it.

Post #15889518th May 2007 9:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thud
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #15889718th May 2007 9:41 pm
n1cktdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

DG - I appreciate what you are saying about sponsors marketing freely, but after checking the sponsors section it appears that the only tuning sponsors are Turbo chip and JE - Torq Tune and Dastek are not there so I can only assume they are not sponsors - and as such does this mean either are NOT permitted ??

I don't want to repeat myself but surely rubbishing products for commercial gain is not right on any user forum - if you have a financial interest ?

Added to post Rolling Eyes
Can't believe that more 'come and have a go if you think your hard enough' comments are still going on......
 D4 HSE....Probably, but not quite decided yet.
3.6 TDV8 Vogue
XC90 SE Lux
A8 Quattro TDi
D3 SE 

Post #15889818th May 2007 9:43 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

tasmod wrote:
Nor will I ! Same as the thread asking how much profit I have made ! My business not yours.

If there is a problem Martin would let me know. We have talked about this and he is OK with it.

Err...hello ....I'm not interested in what profit you make I was actually interested in buying some...but I want to make sure first that the site is benefitting.

Well with that attitude you can Censored off now as far as I'm concerned Thumbs Up

Last edited by DG on 18th May 2007 9:48 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #15890118th May 2007 9:46 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Torq Tune is a permitted sponsor, but does not currently have a sponsorship banner.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #15890218th May 2007 9:48 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Another tuning thread is starting to degenerate, before it does I'm nipping it in the bud and closing it.

We know there are some underlying rivalries between the various tuning organisations, however it is possible to co-exist on DISCO3 and maintain an air of civility.

I would ask sponsors to remember that this is not a suitable arena to air their differences, however based, and that they should promote their products on their own individual merits rather by belittling others.

Remember that DISCO3 could not exist without the very generous support from both the long standing and new commercial sponsors - Turbochip, JE Engineering and Torq Tune. I very much appreciate their input, whether as an advertising business, or as forum members who have developed into business partners.

It is only expected for members to show support towards one camp or the other, but when things start getting personal it spoil the friendly atmosphere we've come to expect on DISCO3.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #15890718th May 2007 9:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >