Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Day time running lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
ryan1980

2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I was at the dealers yesterday and enquired about drl's. According to land rover they are in the process to allow you to have the led as drl's rather than the main headlights on all the time. That's if you have the LEDs in the headlights. They said they would contact me as soon as it was available, keep you updated.

Post #71007230th Oct 2010 2:37 pm
doubledoom

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

ryan1980 wrote:
I was at the dealers yesterday and enquired about drl's. According to land rover they are in the process to allow you to have the led as drl's rather than the main headlights on all the time. That's if you have the LEDs in the headlights. They said they would contact me as soon as it was available, keep you updated.

As its currently a thing that the dealer can switch on/off, that would suggest LR are adding it to the vehicle settings for the driver to change. It will be interesting to see if that is a software change that applies to existing vehicles or just future ones.

Post #71033931st Oct 2010 12:49 pm
ryan1980

2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

doubledoom wrote:
ryan1980 wrote:

As its currently a thing that the dealer can switch on/off, that would suggest LR are adding it to the vehicle settings for the driver to change. It will be interesting to see if that is a software change that applies to existing vehicles or just future ones.

Not sure, they told me they could only activate drl's with the main headlight bulbs and not just the led signature lights at the moment. My disco is a hse with LEDs but need to wait till software is available. I didn't bother getting them to activate the main bulb as I think this is to much. What's the point of putting pretty fairy lights on the front if there never really seen. I understand some guys have said just to flick the switch but the problem is remembering to switch off again when you stop. I'm just laszy I guess. Any way if i get any info will be sure to let you guys know.

Post #71037831st Oct 2010 3:18 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

ryan1980 wrote:
doubledoom wrote:
ryan1980 wrote:

Not sure, they told me they could only activate drl's with the main headlight bulbs and not just the led signature lights at the moment. My disco is a hse with LEDs but need to wait till software is available. I didn't bother getting them to activate the main bulb as I think this is to much. What's the point of putting pretty fairy lights on the front if there never really seen. I understand some guys have said just to flick the switch but the problem is remembering to switch off again when you stop. I'm just laszy I guess. Any way if i get any info will be sure to let you guys know.

No issues with remembering as you get an alarm to remind you Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #71038031st Oct 2010 3:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
doubledoom

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
they told me they could only activate drl's with the main headlight bulbs and not just the led signature lights at the moment.

That does sort of defeat the purpose. Like you, I will wait. Although putting them on side light manually isnt all that bad.

Post #7105681st Nov 2010 12:58 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I think this whole issue is highly subjective.

The LR implementation of the DLR regulation (which is already complusory in Scandic and Canadian markets) is for the dim dipped headlamps to come on; the basis of operation is market dependent. This has been covered muchos times eleswhere on the forum. I'll try and find my own posts relating to it.

As far as the sidelamps (LEDs) go, I don't think that (as currently fitted) they are bright enough to meet the EU regulations. That is certainly the case today in Norway, though I noted an Audi this week with front LEDs that were far brighter than the D4 version......then again, another Audi with LEDs and dipped headlamps on as well - both in unusually bright sunshine on Monday.

So, don't assume that having DRLs enabled will give you LEDs alone; as currently documented, it won't - indeed they may not be on at all!

Post #7127175th Nov 2010 9:47 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Take a gander here: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic46635.html

Post #7127245th Nov 2010 9:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >