Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Dealer called, spot available, decision time!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
jum649

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

My D3 is in Alveston Red (v similar to Rimini) and although I'm biased, think it suits the car very well. Just always looks dirty though.

Post #62282018th Mar 2010 9:40 am
ilron

Norway 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

isn't the Disco supposed to be dirty?

I've had dark cars all my life so I am used to that they always look dirty, I hoped the red was better - at least it looks good when dirty.

Post #62283118th Mar 2010 10:05 am
Tapered Man

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I have just got my D4 XS, managed to get a cancellation... Its Black with Almond/Nutmeg. If I was ordering would probably ordered the ebony interior? SOOOOO glad I didn't, I agree with the earlier post I think the Almond gives the inside a roomy feel. I think for STANDARD the leather in the XS is pretty good?

Generally just loving the new D4 Very Happy
 Golf R32 gone... bring on the mud and ruts  
Post #62378419th Mar 2010 9:50 pm
elemental

Switzerland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

I realise it's probably too late now (I've been on holiday) but to answer your wood trim question it doesn't look fake at all, but SWMBO forbade me to get the wood trim so I now have the weird combo of piano black with almond/arabica. Don't know if it looks crap/good yet.
 using arm rest more than rear diff  
Post #62803226th Mar 2010 9:45 pm
ilron

@TaperedMan
You need to get some pictures in the gallery then!
There isn't that many good pictures of Almond/Nutmeg out there.

@elemental
Thanx! Good to know.
Wood looks good in the promo shots, but those shots often do look better than real life.
I guess you can buy some wood trim on ebay, install it some night and let SWMBO realise for herself that your choice was the right one.. Whistle

I've not had the time to call the dealer about changes in spec so at the moment the car is still Rimini Red with ebony/piano interior. I'll try to give him a call on Monday and see if it is possible to change to almond/wood, the car is however booked for April production so I don't think there is much hope of getting the change request through.

I look forward to get the D4 though, only to bad the winter is over by then.

Post #62813627th Mar 2010 12:44 am
elemental

I think you can change up to three weeks ahead of the build. But anyway, the black/black interior looks very nice too. Enjoy it.
Post #62817127th Mar 2010 8:38 am
ilron

-Rant on

Bad news:
Monday morning I decided to follow up on delivery status, the dealer replied that he had to check with Denmark first and get back to me - it is strange how that it is never a good sign when someone has to check before they reply... - He did call back today and confirmed what I suspected, that the slot had been moved out in time, now with an estimated delivery in end of July. The dealer was very frustrated as he had placed the original order in November, and that it had already been reconfirmed two times before I ordered it, he did tell me about this when I placed the order, but optimistic as I am I thought that the fact that it had been moved already should decrease the chance for it too happen again...

This does however not change the fact that delivery was promised in May on the condition that I "went for it" in a very short time. All the details were sorted and the order for a practically fully loaded D4 was placed within the deadline, I have even sold my daily driver as I expected to have the new D4 any moment now.

Needless to say, I am not satisfied with neither the dealers reply, nor Land Rovers way of handling their dealers and end customers. I did choose to ignore the many red flags regarding quality and customer care as I really liked the D3 and D4's that I have tried; but I must admit that episodes like this makes me question my decision.

The dealer did however offer their demo car as a loaner this summer; in order to reduce the inconvenience caused by the delay.

-Rant off - sorry folks, had to vent some frustration.

Post #64785811th May 2010 9:23 pm
victoriaEDT

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Similar thing happened to me, mine was delayed 5 weeks except I didnt get offered a loaner and have had to rent at vast expense. So after 13 weeks I have been promised delivery on Friday.....fingers crossed as I wont believe it until its in my drive!

Post #64815012th May 2010 2:43 pm
elemental

ilron and victoria: to cheer you up, even though the wait is long, I received mine at the end of April and it's well worth it. Very nice vehicle, stacks of oomph, missus loves it despite being of the green persuasion (previously:)
They screwed up the interior colour change so it's black as originally ordered, but to be honest, it's a very nice cabin to be in anyway, and the sunroof lightens it up considerably.
Post #64843513th May 2010 11:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >