Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Dealer Complaint
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Philipot

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Dealer Complaint

I brought an ex demo from Strastones in Swansea after haggling a price both sides were happy with.

When picking up the vehicle the NEW flexible load cover was damaged - the little rubber mat in front of the SatNav went missing! and 24 hrs later I discovered the locking wheel nut was also missing.

Return to Dealership on the Monday and after waiting 1.5 hrs for the dealer ship to search the vehicle (I obviously could not have looked!) was told a new tool had been ordered and would be in Wednesday. Today (Saturday) no sign of nut and the solution - they are now ordering 4 complete sets of wheel studs!

Whilst the sales people are personable enough (the cynic in me thinks that’s what they are paid to be!) but the general attitude is one of total indifference to the customer.

Great products have to be supported by great service.

Post #4197811th Feb 2006 3:17 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Shame you didn't buy from Shukers then... or any of the other very fine LR dealers around... and good to name and shame them.

-s

Post #4199011th Feb 2006 6:21 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

You should write to Stratstone's parent company (Pendragon PLC) and complain....I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that the staff are indifferent...they probably dont even realise!!
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #4199211th Feb 2006 6:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lew

Wales 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Stratstone Swansea have always been like this, likewise when they were Paramount and Fletchers.
The name changes and so do the faces but the same mentality about customer care remains, just don't care.
Before buying our disco we rang all the stratstone dealers in South Wales, the best was stratstone Newport. The salesman there actually rang us back to do the deal and although we had to travel 60 miles to get there, passing two other stratstones on the way it was the best thing to do.
But lo and behold, when we rang not 6 months later to enquire about another vehicle, we were told that that salesman had left the company. The guy that replaced him on the phone was classic stratstone, useless.
 There's no I in team and no F in bonus  
Post #4211712th Feb 2006 9:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

Is the "flexible load cover" included as standard in any model? There's obviously slots for one but my TDV6 S did not come with one, should it have?
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4212312th Feb 2006 9:53 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yep you should have one, good old dealers Rolling Eyes

Post #4212412th Feb 2006 9:56 pm
SN

Cliff H wrote:
Yep you should have one, good old dealers Rolling Eyes
It had been in the showroom - I guess they took it out to allow demoing of the 7 seats and it got lost - phone call tomorrow morning! Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4212512th Feb 2006 10:00 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

qzdcg8 wrote:
Is the "flexible load cover" included as standard in any model? There's obviously slots for one but my TDV6 S did not come with one, should it have?

Yup even my base 7 seater came with a loadspace cover included.
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #4213812th Feb 2006 11:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >