Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

So i decided to buy a disco 3...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Landybird

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
So i decided to buy a disco 3...

Hello! Totally newbie here.. so I decided to buy a disco 3, 07 auto in artic frost after owning a '99 disco 2. I loved my disco 2 even though she was falling to pieces having fallen victim to mice Big Cry they completely did a number on her wiring! So I bit the bullet and bought a d3.. one week in and it had a wheel bearing go, wheel bearing and upper and lower arms replaced and new brake pipe as old one was badly corroded despite service manual saying all fine and stamped. Now a squeaking isemiting from the steering column (I think? More of a plastic squeak if you get my drift?) having owned a D2 for 7 years I'm no stranger to squeaks (and knocks and bangs) but wondering if I should be concerned? Not sure I love the d3 just yet... Many thanks for reading! Smile

Post #193938824th Apr 2018 4:32 pm
philm

England 

Welcome Thumbs Up
 L633 Defender
Range Rover Velar-gone
Discovery 4 Landmark-gone
Gap IID Tool 

Post #193939724th Apr 2018 5:14 pm
biskit

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I've had my D3 over 9years, still love it. We all have jobs that have to be fixed, then some surprise/unexpected jobs crop up Big Cry but they are great trucks. Welcome to the forum Landybird Thumbs Up just enjoy using your D3. Very Happy
 Mantec sump guard.
Prospeed tree slider/steps.
Flack duel battery system.
18"Compomotive/AT3 tyres
Brembo 4pot front brakes 

Post #193951125th Apr 2018 7:42 am
Landybird

Many thanks! I guess it's just going to take time to get used to it after my other old girl.I enjoy driving my d3 she feels very capable but I think I just need to get used to her 'noises' etc and learn what is usual for her (I've had her less than a month at present) I did of course anticipate some fixes (wheel bearing went while going round a roundabout, put the fear of God in me with the noise it made Shocked )and its reassuring to hear that an experienced owner still loves their d3!

Post #193951825th Apr 2018 7:52 am
Discogaz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Landybird and welcome.

I had a 1999 D2 for just over 13 years so the transition to a D3, 4 years ago took a while and almost 2 years before I fell in love with the car.

The D3/4 doesn't have anything like the character of a sorted D2 but at least you shouldn't have to worry about it rotting under you. Like any older car, things wear out but I see that you are well on the way to getting yours sorted.

This forum is your friend and an invaluable resource and life the D2BC, plenty of knowledgeable members,

All the very beswt

Gary

Post #193952425th Apr 2018 8:11 am
Landybird

Thank you Gary, I'm feeling very thankful that I came across this forum! It's great to hear other disco 3 owners perspectives and I'm feeling very relieved to not be the only one who didnt instantly love it especially after owning a D2. I had heard that the d3/4 were less susceptible to rot which is a major plus! I have a lot to learn!
All the best and happy driving!

Post #193959825th Apr 2018 1:09 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Landybird wrote:
Many thanks! I guess it's just going to take time to get used to it after my other old girl.I enjoy driving my d3 she feels very capable but I think I just need to get used to her 'noises' etc and learn what is usual for her (I've had her less than a month at present) I did of course anticipate some fixes (wheel bearing went while going round a roundabout, put the fear of God in me with the noise it made Shocked )and its reassuring to hear that an experienced owner still loves their d3!

Gary have you had a good look under yours at where the inner sill meeets the outer sill at the bottom lip?
Its going to be a seriosu issue as they get odler if not caught and treated.

Post #193960025th Apr 2018 1:27 pm
Discogaz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Haven't looked recently but was very well trained in preventative maintenance by my D2 so had the D3 waxoyled shortly after getting it so should be fine. Sometime this summer, I will drop all the arch liners, take the wheel arches off and have a thorough clean and treat any rust that has manifested itself.

Post #193960725th Apr 2018 2:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >