Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Deflating driver's seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
yosser395

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Deflating driver's seat

Anyone had problems with the driver's seat height adjustment deflating? If so, how long did it take to get a replacement seat base? Only my dealer has quoted six months!!!

Post #3418221st Dec 2005 10:42 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Chances are you're knocking the height adjustment lever as you get in and out, it's not uncommon. Make sure you avoid the lever and see if it still sinks
 The End  
Post #3418621st Dec 2005 10:50 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 
Re: Deflating driver's seat

yosser395 wrote:
Anyone had problems with the driver's seat height adjustment deflating? If so, how long did it take to get a replacement seat base? Only my dealer has quoted six months!!!

What spec seat are we talking about? I had a suspicion that my S seat which is a manual pumper had moved slightly from its position but I'm still trying to remember to set myself a measure point everytime I drive the car -only had it 2 weeks ! still got a cheesey grin on my face though - what a motor !! Very Happy
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #3418821st Dec 2005 10:51 pm
yosser395

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Mine is an S spec. Every time I get in the car I have to give it a couple of pumps and the same half way through a long journey.

Post #3418921st Dec 2005 10:56 pm
lr1

United Kingdom 

Six months! Load of rubbish. My seat had the same problem of lowering during a journey, the seat frame and pump up mechanism were replaced, only took 10 days for the part to come in from the mainland to my dealer in Northern Ireland. Was replaced on 6th Dec.

I should add that this is a known fault. The argument that the lever is somehow knocked as you get in is a bit of a red herring, sometimes put forward by dealers as an excuse.

David

Post #3422922nd Dec 2005 12:06 pm
Kevin

United Kingdom 

My seat also lowers during a journey.

I have to pump it up every time I get into the veichle. I definitely do not knock the lever. It is a knowm design fault.

It has been "repaired" once and is due for a further attempt at fixing in the new year.

This is a known problem and it has now been agreed after along battle that an EPQR will be issued.

My dealer has also agreed to persue the issue of the complete seat design. The way in which the seat tips forward when raised.

I do not hold out much hope as this has been going on since the summer and LR CS still say I am the only person with a problem.
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Faultmate MSV-2 MULTI VEHICLE 

Post #3423022nd Dec 2005 12:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lr1

United Kingdom 

"I do not hold out much hope as this has been going on since the summer and LR CS still say I am the only person with a problem."

As usual LR customer services do not know what they are talking about.

David

Post #3423122nd Dec 2005 12:42 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

LRCS are lying again, I've reported issues with the seat to them and I know I'm not the only one
 The End  
Post #3423322nd Dec 2005 12:59 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Tell you what, you guys must be vertically challenged. Wink I ain't overly tall at just over 6foot, but I have to have the seat dropped all the way to get a comfortable driving position. I find that this is also the only way to get some lateral leg support, as the seat slightly tilts back as its lowered down.

Post #3423622nd Dec 2005 2:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

My dealer (Shukers) is well aware of the issue and have ordered a 'new' seat (not sure if its modified or not) for another customer. If that cures their issue they are ordering me one.

Mine drops but even though a pain I can live with it. And you do catch the lever getting in and out as I tend to slide out of the car.

Have mine set pretty high which I find comfortable. Yes under knee support could be better but I've never had any aches or pains even after spending all day in the seat.

Height 6' 2" so not that challenged tallness wise...

Post #3423722nd Dec 2005 2:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >