DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Delivery Times
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Paul J.

United Kingdom 
Delivery Times

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, but I have been a reader of this forum for a while now. It is a well presented, easy to use site.

Anyway, to my query. I was wondering what other peoples experience was of delivery times. I ordered my D3 SE at the end of July and the latest on a delivery date is mid January !! Shocked

I could have got one earlier via the dealership network, but I wanted a couple of factory fit options, which meant putting in a factory order.

Yours waiting for January .... or February ... etc

Paul

Post #319499th Dec 2005 1:57 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Originally ordered mine in early may this year , given a mid - August delivery date, finally collected mid September ...worth the wait Very Happy but it didn't feel that way at the time

Post #319539th Dec 2005 2:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Don't get it until January, the plate number isn't so important but the year is. Wait so yours is a 2006 car.

Welcome to the site though. Very Happy Very Happy
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #319559th Dec 2005 2:01 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

sounds like a bit of a wait, I ordered mine with a host of factory options the last week in June and it turned up the last week in Sept and that was with the factory 2week shutdown in the middle! It'll def will be worth the wait though!
 and theeeeennn......??? 

Last edited by blue meanie on 9th Dec 2005 4:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #319639th Dec 2005 2:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Paul J.

United Kingdom 

10forcash, sounds like 5 months for a factory order can be the norm then. The options I ordered were privacy glass and front PDC, harldy unusual I would have thought, but none were immediately available. The dealer offered to obtain a standard spec SE from the dealer network and fit darkend film to the windows and a third party PDC (which would have required a separate button on the dashboard). Call me fussy, but I didn't want peeling film on my windows and an additional (non-matching) button on my dash.

Pelyma, it looks like first registration will take place in 2006 whether I like it or not, but I take the point that it is better to show a V5 with 2006 on it than one with 2005 for the sake of a week or so either side of the new year. At this rate I might even be looking at an '06 number plate Wink

Paul

Post #319719th Dec 2005 3:59 pm
BN

England 
Re: Delivery Times

Paul J. wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, but I have been a reader of this forum for a while now. It is a well presented, easy to use site.

Anyway, to my query. I was wondering what other peoples experience was of delivery times. I ordered my D3 SE at the end of July and the latest on a delivery date is mid January !! Shocked

I could have got one earlier via the dealership network, but I wanted a couple of factory fit options, which meant putting in a factory order.

Yours waiting for January .... or February ... etc

Paul

I have just discussed an order for one today and with special build it could be with me by the end of January early Feb 06

Post #319779th Dec 2005 4:24 pm
HA-YAL

France 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ordered mine on 3 October and I picked it up at the dealership in France on 1 December

Post #320509th Dec 2005 8:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >