Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Determining fault with rear park distance control.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Phil W

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Belize GreenDiscovery 3
Determining fault with rear park distance control.

My car has developed an intermittent fault with the rear park distance control. Sometimes the system shrieks and the red light on the switch above the radio stays on until I turn the system off. I know how to get the bumper cover thanks to a post by MaxMax so can replace the sensors and / or loom if necessary. I assume there must be some kind of switch and relay associated with reverse on the gearbox?

Is there anyway I can determine what component has failed? Someone has mentioned listening to the sensors. Do you have to have the engien running for this as I've tried with the ignition on and can't hear a thing. Obviously I can't test with the engine running unless I've got a willing volunteer t osit in the drivers seat with a foot on the clutch.

Anyhelp will be gratefully received - main dealer quoting £30 ish pound each for sensors and similar amount for section of loom associated with sensors.

Post #6683225th Jul 2010 10:31 am
Phil W

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Belize GreenDiscovery 3

Curiouser and curiouser.
Just spoken with stores department at main dealer. The ECU unit for the rear parking distance control is just below window level in the rear passenger door. The same window that had an electrical short in the wiring loom earlier this year. Just out of curiousity I slammed the rear door hard as when I had the window problem this occasionally cured the problem. Guess what. it works. Looks as if Ihave a loose connection or short within the door.

Post #6684585th Jul 2010 3:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >