Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
packingstrips

You did that a few posts back

Post #8051299th Jun 2011 2:10 pm
gowersian1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
fuel problem

Please could someone tell me how do you know which fuel pump is not working (the Low or High pressure pump)
Have had fuel problems changed fuel filter and had fuel tank cleaned. Now when driving it can only get to about second gear then almost stops till the pressure builds up again cant get above 10mph. Please some one help one desparate lady Confused Confused Sad Have had it plugged into diagnostic testing nothing showing up so i am none the wiser.

Post #80985122nd Jun 2011 8:02 pm
hgbosch

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

Hi guys

I am relatively new on this forum. My name is George and I run a Disco1 ES (300Tdi) and a 2005 Disco3 TDV6.

I have read with interest the various deliberations which have (some to great extent) deliberated on the workings of the low and high pressure fuel systems.

However not one has yet hit on the reasons, why these pumps are failing and it is not just the 2005 model ones.

In the UK the vehicles don't travel the vast distances, that we pile up here in SA, so it will take you guys longer before you have to bite the bullet.

The problem of the failing CRD (high pressure) pumps is caused by a general lack of lubricity in the new low sulphur diesels.

The failings of the CRD pumps are normally centred around the shaft seals, which get worn out by insufficient lubrication.

These pumps can be rebuilt by capable diesel shop.

However best would be to prevent them from failing in the first place. And there is a very simple, SUPER EFFICIENT way to do this and to preserve the injectors at the same time. Just add in a ratio of 1:200 Jaso-FC compliant 2 stroke oil with each diesel filling.

Jaso-FC 2sO is compliant with diesel particle filter equipped cars ("7A" and later). The only difference you will encounter is that the burn free cycle of the DPF is more than doubled when using this method. Which equates to much cleaner burning of the diesel fuel with resultant lower solid particle exhaust fumes.

The benefits will be manifold. It will free up sticky rings, clean the interior of the engine of carbon deposits and most important will give it the much needed lubrication it is normally starved of. Also winter startup is greatly improved and running noise is reduced especially in the mornings during startup. Your neighbours will love this one Wink

I am using this trick with all of my diesel engines and have achieved some unbelievably high mileages with some of them. My personal record is 1'053'000km with a Golf 1 Diesel, which I sold at that mileage.

Baben knows our Disco3 as he has done some work on it (it goes much better now Wink ) and has commented on how well this specific motor runs on 154'000km
 EX AFRICA SEMPER ALIQUID NOVI
SEMPER IN FAECIBUS SUMUS SOLE, PROFUNDUM VARIAT Shocked

with kind regards

George Bosch
2005 Disco3 TDV6 S
2003 Range Rover Td6
1998 Disco1 ES 300Tdi (sold)
And some more serious stuff 

Post #81107026th Jun 2011 6:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to: