Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Disappointed with Land Rover Richmond (VA/USA)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
sideview

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3
Disappointed with Land Rover Richmond (VA/USA)

Dropped the LR3 off at Land Rover Richmond this morning for my 30K service and take care of a few warranty niggles. This was my first experience with them since moving from Florida, and it didn't go well...

They are located 2 hours from us, and I should have listened to my gut when Drew Swoboda (Parts Manager) told Dan on the phone they couldn't give a loaner car since I didn't buy my Land Rover from them WTF? I've had independent shops give loaner cars Rolling Eyes

So, Dan took the day off work and drove up there in his truck and dropped mine off. Jeff Tilton (assistant service mgr) said it would be a few hours longer because of the warranty work (wind noise in the cabin, steering wheel out of alignment, passenger door periodically doesn't lock, air compressor noise when it's cold out).

Jeff calls me about an hour later to tell me a couple things, the steering wheel alignment is not covered under warranty as it is an adjustment (okay fine Rolling Eyes), and that I have missed the window for my 30K service (in the US the deal is that the first 6 services are complimentary).

I questioned how could this be and was told that Land Rover changed their policy in August 07 and I should have received a letter and had my 30K service done in October. Never got a letter. Totally confused - had had my 22.5 service just in August at Dimmitt in Clearwater and the truck now has 29.5K. Jeff said I could either pay $350 for the 30K service (which is basically an oil change) or get the 37.5 service done now - ehhh? So I complained a bit but said go ahead with the 37.5 and I'd deal with getting this resolved later and he gave me the number for LR Customer Relationship Center.

They were going to call when it was ready to be picked up, was getting late in the afternoon, hadn't heard back yet and didn't answer when I called, so we headed over there to see how it was going (around 4pmish). I asked Jeff if it was all set, he asked me what vehicle I was there for (thanks for remembering me), he looks then says 'like I told you this morning it would take more than a day' - they hadn't touched it yet. Well no he did NOT tell me that Evil or Very Mad

Lost our patience. Dan asked for the name and number of the regional manager and was told there wasn't one. He then asked to speak to Drew, and Mike Marchese (Service Manager) also joined us. Went around and around with them. Was told to call the LR line and my Clearwater dealer. Said Clearwater should have let me know. I complained that they should be calling and finding out for me and helping me with this, not just pass the buck. Finally Mike did say he would give LR and Clearwater a call, but that I should as well because LR listens to customers more than dealers.

Dan called the LR CRC for me to file complaint, didn't get very far yet but are supposed to be hearing back from them as well. The lady denied Dan's request to speak to the regional representative saying his name and number is for internal use only. OMG that's nuts.

So we drove the 2 hours home, a whole day wasted, nothing got done, kind of sucks. I'm a pretty easy going lady most of the time, but despise Censored poor customer service.
 I'm not so good at giving advice...may I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Haiti Earthquake Relief: Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles 

Post #2400374th Jan 2008 1:55 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >