Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Disappointment with Guy Salmon Stockport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JKO

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Disappointment with Guy Salmon Stockport

Why is it so difficult for the dealership to get simple quality service issues right ?

My 6 month old car went in two weeks ago for some warranty work to be done. Nothing major, but minor irritations which needed to be put right. Included in this work were two issues which were not put right from a previous visit.

Collected the car and on driving off, found the very obvious rattle which I had been told could not be located was very much in evidence. Straight back to dealer and an accompanied ride by a technician lead to an apology and need to be booked in again.

Once home, I also noticed the seal they had replaced around the door as part of the work undertaken had been left untrimmed, not stuck down in places properly, and generally not lined up correctly.

Returned to dealer yesterday for rattle to be fixed and expressed my disappointment at quality of workmanship with seal and requested that another be fixed.

Called to collect car today and was so annoyed to find seal, although replaced, has been put in the same incorrect position and, again, areas have not been stuck down correctly.

Surely, it is as easy to do the job properly as it is to keep doing it wrong. The seal merely needs to be aligned correctly and stuck down. Also, having complained once, I thought the quality of the work might have been checked by the team leader - seems it wasn't.

Upshot is that I have asked for it to be replaced again and have left the car with them until the job has been done properly. Fortunately, the courtesy car is still available.

The reception lady has been very nice and understanding but that does not compensate for the two hour round trip I have to make each time I visit the garage.

I accept that things may need to be done on the car and have no problem with that. However, I don't think I am being unreasonable expecting the job to be done properly and right first time.

It is these little irritations which when not sorted spoil the enjoyment of owning what is an absolutely fantastic vehicle. And the biggest pity is that comments like mine should not need to be made as the need to carry out a relatively simple task should not take 3 attempts.

I only hope that the team leader actually does check the work this time and that when I do get the car back, the seal will have been fixed correctly and the dreaded rattle will not be there.

Thank you for listening - I seem to have vented my anger now and feel much better !!!!!

Post #9786331st Oct 2006 5:42 pm
neo

England 

Hmm,

IMHO/FWIW;

My limited personal experience with them is not so good either, they are expensive and arrogant. I would use Williams if I was going to use a Manchester catchment dealer.

I use Stafford Land Rover, and whilst being much smaller and had one or to 'discussions' with them I find them very good on the whole.

As for the constant to-ing-and-fro-ing, it seems that LR find this acceptable to treat there customers like this.

Other main dealers for other 'prestige brands' have never treated me in such a manner, including Benham BMW of Stockport, they were very good with me.

If you are not happy, use a different dealer.

Danny.
 The M-Power Express

=~ prorsus per angustias ~= 

Post #9786531st Oct 2006 5:49 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Hi Danny

Is this Stafford Land Rover in Stafford itself? I was thinking about ringing them for a price for first service. Do you know what their service dept is like?
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #9787531st Oct 2006 7:01 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear this, I thought GS had improved over the past few months. They certainly sorted all my early problems, and always seem accomodating.

Mine is booked in for a 60k service in 2 weeks, so I hope they have not let it slip because I have a few things for them to try and sort out.

I will report back.

Post #9789931st Oct 2006 9:48 pm
cayman6

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Give Guy Salmon in Knutsford a try state of the art new showroom just opened they have been A1 with me so far.
 TONGA GREEN TDV6 S MANUAL
STAINLESS STEEL PROTECTION TUBES
19" HSE ALLOYS
PRIVACY GLASS
G4 DECALS

RRS'S ARE DISCO'S IN DRAG 

Post #9790431st Oct 2006 10:05 pm
SN

DiscoStu wrote:
Hi Danny

Is this Stafford Land Rover in Stafford itself? I was thinking about ringing them for a price for first service. Do you know what their service dept is like?

That's a bit of a way from you - you'll get a nose bleed coming that far north!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #9793831st Oct 2006 10:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoStu

England 

My parents live near Stafford - so I don't mind visiting the 'sticks' for a weekend.... Smile
 Disco 5 HSE Lux

Post #980031st Nov 2006 1:24 pm
SN

Stafford's not a million miles away (on the A520 & A53) from the Peak District lanes...

...let us know next time you're up? Wink
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #980081st Nov 2006 1:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoStu

England 

Really? (You know what my geography's like north of the M25!). Certainly will. I'll probably be going up to do my lights - my Dads got a nice big workshop!
 Disco 5 HSE Lux

Post #980091st Nov 2006 1:37 pm
dflo

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

If it's a day trip - do you need some ballast - ?

Or someone to hold the phrasebook - Wink

(Slowly going stir crazy...)
 "Funny, mine doesn't do that......."  
Post #980111st Nov 2006 1:40 pm
DiscoStu

England 

It's a bit of a trip for a day - and I try not to talk to the locals as they seem a bit strange..... Wink

You'd love it up there. He's got 7 acres of land (although he doesn't like me 'churning' it up Rolling Eyes ), and a narrow boat. Trouble is I never want to come back!
 Disco 5 HSE Lux

Post #980171st Nov 2006 1:49 pm
SN

DiscoStu wrote:
Really? (You know what my geography's like north of the M25!). Certainly will. I'll probably be going up to do my lights - my Dads got a nice big workshop!
Now then! Are you going to do it properly or the 10FC short cut method? If so, and its a weekend, how's about doing 2 (sets of wiring) at once? (Stafford's 35 miles from Chapel) Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #980311st Nov 2006 2:02 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Thought I'd try the TFC method (sounds a bit like a contraceptive, that Shocked ). Not sure when, though. I'll PM you later....

Rolling Eyes Romiley's not at all where I thought it was! You're only 60 miles from their house. Very Happy
 Disco 5 HSE Lux

Post #980791st Nov 2006 3:20 pm
JKO

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
disappointment with Guy Salomn Stockport

The saga continues and the ability for GS Stockport to disappoint me seems to know no bounds !!

Went to collect car on Thursday after being assured it had been fully tested. Seal had been applied correctly but after driving 50 yards up the road it was clear the rattle had not been cured again.

Another wasted trip to collect car and another apology which by now had worn very thin. Car left again for further work and called again today to collect - for the third time.

Rattle has been fixed but, believe it or not, they have manager to scuff the rear wheel arch trim.

Yet more apologies, and a new trim is on order.

What else can they possibly do wrong next ???

Post #993086th Nov 2006 8:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >