Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Disco 3 2007 Air Suspension fault again!!! :-(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Pist n Broke

South Africa 
Disco 3 2007 Air Suspension fault again!!! :-(

Replaced my air suspension compressor a year and a half ago. Don't use the car a lot - probably 3000 kms since then. Suspension worked fine during this time.
The amber light came on the other day. No amount of reset will clear the light. (DIY resets, that is)
Tested the compressor by jumping the relay - Compressor is fine, works like a charm. Swopped out relays to test incase relay is at fault. Relay and spare relay still fine. Suspension has not lost any air whilst car has been standing since amber light came on (+/- a week now). Checked all fuses in car and in engine fuse boxes - none blown. Air suspension is not activating when car starts - amber light stays on! I dont have the pleasure of having fault finding equipment so I am appealing to that vault of hard won knowledge of those dyed in the wool Land Rover owners - 'What could be other possible causes to this frustrating problem?'

Post #181709420th May 2017 11:40 am
Pist n Broke

South Africa 

Very belated post - sorted this out a year ago. Found a friend who put my vehicle on his 'Rovacom' test book.
The 'Rovacom' posted a code (I forget what it was) but that gave me the direction to go looking. Code said something along the lines of 'No power to... etc'. Did some continuity tests between the suspension control box and the air control valve at the compressor. Transpires that there was no connection between this valve and the suspension control box. Took one look at the harness - thought I would try and track the break. Turned out in milliseconds of thinking that I decided I was not going to waste anytime on finding the break and promptly went and bought a few meters of 2 core motor wire of the correct thickness. I bridged out the fault from the air control valve to the suspension control box. End of story. Problem solved.

Post #20055843rd Dec 2018 7:59 am
Sea Raider

good result! Mr. Green

Post #20055993rd Dec 2018 8:58 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >