DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

disco 3 non starter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
chrismj

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
disco 3 non starter

Hi Guys,
first time post, I have been lurking for a while and what a great source of information. I am seriously considering taking the plunge and getting a disco 3. I had a disco 2 but unfortunately the engine died at 48k, loved that car. Since then been driving a focus Sad

The question I have regards my mothers vehicle.

2007 HSE disco 3 auto

been having some issues recently, the suspension has stopped working and is at 'normal height only' and as such the terrain response and HDC doesn't operate which is a pain. its been on the list to fix for a while.

2 weeks ago overnight the car was dead in the morning, I managed to jump start it easily and charged the battery up. At the time I felt it should have a new battery but when charged it was 12.5v and running 14v.
been fine last couple weeks but saturday evening died again. I tried again to jump start it in the morning but it didn't want to turn over very fast on my cars battery which only kicked out 13v so maybe was a bit weak.

The aa arrived and used their booster cables, she turned over fine but would not fire. fuel was fine, tried easy start tried to catch but no.

he checked the fault codes and it only came up with one and unfortunately I cant remember the code p0 something but looked like it could be the PCM , fuel bank failure ?? on his computer. On testing the injectors the passenger side bank had no voltage, the drivers side did.

the car was recovered to a local inde LR workshop but they haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

any ideas.
regarding the suspension could a weak battery cause issues here or is it more likely the compressor as usual?
the main issue is the non starting.

why would only one side of the injector bank fail, ? relay fuses ??PCM

just hoping I haven't fried anything trying to jump start it.

still likely to get a D3 myself though!

Post #19883242nd Oct 2018 2:43 pm
Brian GOG

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi there,
We had one similar to these set of circumstances last Christmas. It ended up been a fault in the engine ECU which we had repaired.
Good luck.
Brian
Green Oval

Post #19883392nd Oct 2018 3:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KostasA

Greece 

HPFP belt? have you ever change it? do you get fuel to the injectors?

Post #19883862nd Oct 2018 5:42 pm
chrismj

The aa guy didn't seem to think it was fuel but who knows. pump belt hasn't been replaced as yet.

bit concerned about the ecu. are they repairable as they are pretty pricey.
will have to wait for the garage to have a proper look hopefully its something simple but being a landy its unlikely.

the suspension issue has been a problem for a while and interestingly the code reader didn't come up with any error codes regarding the suspension so could that be a link with a duff battery and/ or ecu?

still hoping I haven't fried the ecu trying to jump start it! Embarassed

Post #19884022nd Oct 2018 6:32 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

If that’s the voltage on the battery after charging it’s officially knackered, or not far off it. Thumbs Up

Post #19884042nd Oct 2018 6:40 pm
chrismj

Just a new battery would be great but it looks like electrical issues.
A duff battery would explain the dead car but how would that link to non starting with booster leads.

Post #19884092nd Oct 2018 6:58 pm
chrismj

Update
So its the battery and alternator that are duff. Not a major problem but unfortunately the ecu is not functioning correctly. Garage is talking about a new ecu 850+ which would then need to be linked to the car by the local lr main dealer as he doesnt have the kit to do it.

Are the ecu s at all repairable or is that a non starter. Can all this be done and fitted by an independent then the car transported to land rover dealer for coding? Or does the ecu get coded off the car?

Just trying to work out options. Either way it needs to go elsewhere as he hasnt got any spare time to fit it in. So either a general garage for the alternator battery and new ecu the lr for coding or straight to the lr garage? Either way is pricey but i feel non lr as far as possible would be less costly.
Any ideas?

Post #19889354th Oct 2018 6:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >