Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My Disco 3 after one week!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
chippypip

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
My Disco 3 after one week!

Oh oh...I've only had my Disco a week (traded in a Landmark Disco) and I've had 'Park Brake Fault', 'DSC switched off', Some warning about Transfer range. Also found the Fuel flap not locking and a wheel (don't know which one) squeaking when I go slowly up a hill! Not bad eh?

It's in today so it'll be interesting to see if these faults are sorted.

Oh did I mention the heated screen takes ages to clear, and sometimes there's condensation inside? Apart from that everything is okay, and we love it. Have wanted one since we had a test in one in March, been sulking ever since until now! Brilliant site by the way and I might be interested in the FBH timer thingy!

Last edited by chippypip on 15th Dec 2005 9:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3258713th Dec 2005 4:53 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

This aren’t faults, they’re personality traits! Welcome to Disco3!!!!!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #3259913th Dec 2005 5:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Malcolm

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

to refer to an answer i gave earlier today.....

ricric. odd though it may seem in the early days you do get the odd message that you will never see again, sort of like the ecu is getting used to the idea of working for the first time. I was told by the techy at the dealership ( now judged to be part of my problems) that with a fibre optic loom where there can be up to 20 different sensors sending messages at the same time you will get "little hic-ups"

Let it's ECU etc etc settle down for a few days and then go to your dealer with a nice list and he will re boot the systems and off you go.....

If however you need multiple re boots etc I am sure BN's posts will entertain you !!
Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #3260413th Dec 2005 5:41 pm
chippypip

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Re: My Disco 3 after one week!

chippypip wrote:
Oh oh...I've only had my Disco a week (traded in a Landmark Disco) and I've had 'Park Brake Fault', 'DSC switched off', Some warning about Transfer range. Also found the Fuel flap not locking and a wheel (don't know which one) squeaking when I go slowly up a hill! Not bad eh?

It's in today so it'll be interesting to see if these faults are sorted.

Oh did I mention the heated screen takes ages to clear, and sometimes there's condensation inside? Apart from that everything is okay, and we love it. Have wanted one since we had a test in one in March, been sulking ever since until now! Brilliant site by the way and I might be interested in the FBH timer thingy!

An update: Warnings have now been sorted (for good hopefully), they updated the software, but strangely still have FBH settings! I mentioned the radio workaround to keep the timer awake and the head mechanic look bemused! whether this was a front I don't know, but I had visions of them trying it out for themselves!!

Fuel flap: They thought at first it was the ECU, then the Actuator, but finally found out with the help of LR Technical that it is a junction box thing (can't remember the real term!) and have had to order one.

Wheels sqeaking: Don't seem to be doing it now!

Heated screen: haven't had any probs yet.

Had a Freelander Courtesy car, reminded me when we used to have one before the TD5, got back in the Disco and WOW!!!!!

Post #3330215th Dec 2005 9:45 pm
Malcolm

At least you got offered a freelander, i would have given good money to be at the dealers when they handed the keys to HID last feb snow on ground etc etc to a vauxhall safira.... she came back home with the managers D3.
Funny but i have not on well with the manager since, made some very political remarks about the " boll**ks to blair" and "ban the ban" sticker in the rear window.....then again he has passed comment in the past on the old D3 being rather muddy Shocked Shocked ....bunny hugger !!!!
 Alive and kicking..who's round is it anyway ??  
Post #3339916th Dec 2005 9:44 am
Pelyma

England 

Be careful Malcolm, someone got arrested at the Midland Gamefair with a B to B sweatshirt! My mother has been wearing her badge ever since!!! Really does sound like you need to change dealer. My salesman has just appearred in a NZ magazine having taken a NZ journo out and lamped 18 foxes in one night, then stalked a nice Roe buck in the morning and shot about 60 pigeon in the afternoon Shocked
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3341816th Dec 2005 11:39 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

then presumably left with it all in the back of a Disco 3? Very Happy

Post #3341916th Dec 2005 11:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
HA-YAL

France 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Have had mine for a week too and absolutely no problem whatsoever. It really is a great car all around

Post #3342016th Dec 2005 11:50 am
Malcolm

Pelmya,
Sounds like the making of what my local calls " game pie" until I change the menu sign to "road-kill pie" still sells well. Re b 2 b funny how I get the thumbs up when driving round the countryside and a simple finger when I make very rare trips up to the smoke of london Confused Confused
 Alive and kicking..who's round is it anyway ??  
Post #3342716th Dec 2005 12:40 pm
orangutan

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Not game at all!

Just got the Disco 3 and am very impressed - quiet, well made (although not German car quality on the interior fittings) and a fantastic engine.

just to confuse the locals though my 1st extra has been a "support the hunting ban" sticker on the back. cannot have folks stereotyping all us Disco owners as bloodthirsty, elitist neaderthals!!
Twisted Evil

Post #3423922nd Dec 2005 2:23 pm
Pelyma

England 
Re: Not game at all!

orangutan wrote:
Just got the Disco 3 and am very impressed - quiet, well made (although not German car quality on the interior fittings) and a fantastic engine.

just to confuse the locals though my 1st extra has been a "support the hunting ban" sticker on the back. cannot have folks stereotyping all us Disco owners as bloodthirsty, elitist neaderthals!!
Twisted Evil

We all have our own views on life, but I don't think I fit into bloodthirsty, elitist or Neanderthal. Not sure why it would confuse people either. But I can spell long words when I use them Wink

Post #3424122nd Dec 2005 2:56 pm
orangutan

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
typing, not spelling!

i wish my typing were as quick as my thoughts....

you are right of course, we all have our own views and shooting helpless animals (or chasing them across fields in a mob with a pack of hounds) could not possibly be construed as bloodthirsty. I am sure that there is a deeper meaning and purpose to that "sport" and your dealer sounds like a real hero and a very brave man. Rolling Eyes

i just don't get it, i have evolved i guess. Very Happy

confuses the locals as, sadly, most folks see a land rover and associate with the sterotype. so i guess it's good to at least try to even it out a tad.

Post #3425122nd Dec 2005 3:52 pm
Pelyma

England 

[singing] Deck the halls with boughs of holley tra la la la la la[singing]

Merry Christmas to all

Post #3426422nd Dec 2005 6:31 pm
10forcash

Re: Not game at all!

orangutan wrote:

Twisted Evil
Apparently, the neathanderals (whatever Rolling Eyes ) used to spear or trap their prey and wait for them to die... sometimes several days Rolling Eyes which was absolutely crap as the adrenaline in the meat made it really tough... todays hunters have evolved well enough so that a Roe Deer is really tasty Wink
I blame farmer's meself, if it wasn't for them, sheep, pigs & cows would have long been extinct and we'd all be living on game Very Happy

Post #3426522nd Dec 2005 6:38 pm
10forcash

Pelyma wrote:
[singing] Deck the halls with boughs of holley tra la la la la la[singing]

Merry Christmas to all
Merry Christmas & a muddy New Year Thumbs Up matey... happy hunting Wink  
Post #3427122nd Dec 2005 6:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >