Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Disco 3 S
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I went for the '06 HSE and don't feel any of it is 'wasted', the voice control is a bit of a novelty item but as it comes integrated with other systems it's not an add-on cost and is a bit of a crowd-pleaser when it comes to demo's to envious mates Wink
The only thing I wish i'd have got extra of the factory-only options is the rear locking differential although not having it hasn't caused any failiure to negotiate problems as yet, just takes a bit longer sometimes (enjoy the scenery / mud flying past the windows / bubbles from the exhaust pipes, kids Rolling Eyes ) Added winch, brush bar, rock sliders, door protection strips, mudflaps and sill protection plates myself. Exp. roofrack, rear ladder and sumpguard to follow

Post #3779216th Jan 2006 9:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gilmore

England 

Was that £1500 for all three rows of seats? Sounds good value. Who did you use?
regs
rob

Post #3784217th Jan 2006 8:59 am
tucker_j

England 

gilmorr wrote:
Was that £1500 for all three rows of seats? Sounds good value. Who did you use?
regs
rob

Yes, all three rows. I couldn't tell you who did it or the exact price as it was arranged by the dealer. I believe the company that carried out the work are in Dover, Kent and the dealer told me it cost about £1,500.

I am very happy with the qualilty, certainly as good as any factory fit I've seen Very Happy

Post #3787917th Jan 2006 4:36 pm
aitchy

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

for me the decision was based as much on residual value as spec and as the dealer could finance a fully loaded HSE within quids of entry level, (due to higher residual V sale price supported witha GFV or Guaranteed Future Value ) it was a no brainer to take the HSE.
 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue and still smiling  
Post #3788617th Jan 2006 5:27 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

aitchy wrote:
for me the decision was based as much on residual value as spec and as the dealer could finance a fully loaded HSE within quids of entry level, (due to higher residual V sale price supported witha GFV or Guaranteed Future Value ) it was a no brainer to take the HSE.

Same for me, the HSE GMFV swung the deal, and the fact that I got one at 2 weeks notice at launch date, which made a few people who had been waiting more than 6 months a little bit envious me thinks Whistle

Post #3789817th Jan 2006 7:08 pm
MVS

U guy have to remember that some of us use our hard earned, not finance so £5-10K extra is money out of our pocket.

Post #3789917th Jan 2006 7:14 pm
SN

qzdcg8 wrote:
Similar to the 'Best HSE price' thread - what have people paid / or had quotes for, for a TDV6 S, Auto preferably ?

My first real quote has been £32600 (inc. power fold mirrors)
I am waiting/looking for more...

Had my first session in Guy Salmon in Stockport this afternoon - a figure of £32000 for a brand new 55 Reg TDV6 S Auto Metallic has been mentioned (i.e. registered before end of Feb) - not a problem for me as I have a plate of my own! This against the standard price of £34010.
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3839921st Jan 2006 5:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MVS

Just paid £31.7k inc
Auto, metallic, xenons, tow pack, privacy glass, & side mouldings.
edited- Roof rails aswell forgot them

Last edited by MVS on 22nd Jan 2006 9:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3841121st Jan 2006 6:38 pm
SN

Sat down with the Dealer Finance Guy today and the APR seems to be horrendous on the Freedom deals?

Here's another interesting thought - I was genuinely offered a 5 Seat S spec today? I didn't think you could get one of these (not that I'd want one) - the dealer claimed it was a valid combination now!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3852522nd Jan 2006 9:31 pm
crvfr

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

qzdcg8 wrote:
I was genuinely offered a 5 Seat S spec today? I didn't think you could get one of these (not that I'd want one) - the dealer claimed it was a valid combination now!

Well, I've only had mine for just over a week, so still have all the literature produced to date, including the brochures with the 2006 colours etc. The only 5-seat vehicle is the Base AFAIK. Mind you, some others have reported that in Europe, all models are available with 5 seats, and the 7 seats is an option. Maybe it's a Euro-version?

Regards,

Charles

Post #3872723rd Jan 2006 8:34 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 

qzdcg8 wrote:
Sat down with the Dealer Finance Guy today and the APR seems to be horrendous on the Freedom deals?

I recently signed my finance deal with an APR of 12.6%, but later the same evening I saw that the LR website was offering 9.9% on the Freedom deal. A quick phone call to the dealer for an explanation resulted in the 12.6% agreement being terminated and a new one being drawn up at 9.7% (i.e. slightly better than the website typical APR), thus saving about £1500 in total over the course of the agreement.

Hope this helps in bringing the APR down to a more palatable level.

Regards

Paul

Post #3885724th Jan 2006 9:48 am
SN

crvfr wrote:
qzdcg8 wrote:
I was genuinely offered a 5 Seat S spec today? I didn't think you could get one of these (not that I'd want one) - the dealer claimed it was a valid combination now!

Well, I've only had mine for just over a week, so still have all the literature produced to date, including the brochures with the 2006 colours etc. The only 5-seat vehicle is the Base AFAIK. Mind you, some others have reported that in Europe, all models are available with 5 seats, and the 7 seats is an option. Maybe it's a Euro-version?

Regards,

Charles
Possibly - this option came up on the system the finance guy was using to work out the price for Freedom finance - he was using an internal LR system to do it which may cover all possible models in all countries - possibly once he'd tied the quote down to the UK, a 5 seat S may have shown up as invalid Confused Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3892624th Jan 2006 12:36 pm
SN

Paul J. wrote:
I recently signed my finance deal with an APR of 12.6%, but later the same evening I saw that the LR website was offering 9.9% on the Freedom deal. A quick phone call to the dealer for an explanation resulted in the 12.6% agreement being terminated and a new one being drawn up at 9.7% (i.e. slightly better than the website typical APR), thus saving about £1500 in total over the course of the agreement.
I'd be interested to know what impact the change from 12.6% to 9.7% had on your monthly payments? Even at the 'horrendous' 12.6% my monthly quote was not too far from what I am prepared to pay Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3892924th Jan 2006 12:39 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 

It brought the monthly payments down by almost £50 per month!

Regards

Paul

Post #3894524th Jan 2006 1:19 pm
SN

That's the one - come to daddy!!!!!! 8)
(I detect the first hint of perma-grin creeping in at this point)
Post #3894724th Jan 2006 1:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >