DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Disco 4 with a mind if its own?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
okennedy

Ireland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
Disco 4 with a mind if its own?

Folks,has this happened to anyone else?
This evening whilst driving on a flat road, the engine revs started to go up and down on their own and it became increasingly worse. Shocked I pulled into a car park at the next town and turned her off, waited ten minutes and started her up again. After start up the engine sounded rough as in like a tractor engine and a whine that sounded like the turbo, there was a burning smell coming from the drivers side and after going to observe that I also heard a very bad low sounding rattle coming from the rear passenger side of the Disco. Again, stopped the engine, waited ten minutes and started again, so far so good, but whilst driving home it felt as though the brakes were sticking a little. Evil or Very Mad Also it was very wet weather.
The Disco is a MY12, has just over 4200 miles (mostly motorway) and has never missed a beat, until now! Confused
I must also point out that due to working away, the Disco hasn't been properly driven for two months, only up and down the driveway by others to stop the brakes from seizing up.
After reading the forum, I see the throttle housing seems to be a problem on some models, but surely not to the extent as described above? Thanks for any advice, great information on the forum btw! Very Happy
P.S. My apologies to the moderators if this in the wrong section!

Post #10675716th Mar 2013 11:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >