Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Disco dented in street brawl.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Disco dented in street brawl.

An extraordinary thing happened to my D3 early this evening. I had just parked in Clifton Village (a posh area of Bristol). I was aware of some young (20 something) lads shouting to each other whilst standing in the road outside The Mall pub. It soon become apparent that 3 of the lads were shouting abuse at one lad who was shouting back at them. All were obviously very drunk & wound up.
The lad on his own, then moves down the road a bit & stops by the n/s of my bonnet, leaning against it with his right hand. I'm still in the car having just turned off the ignition.
The lad rather than walking away, is intent on goading the other 3 to fight him. I'm thinking that I'd like to tell this to**ser to f off, but aware that clearly this tw*t is past showing any signs of common sense, 2 of the other lads were considerably bigger & tougher looking than him, I'm concerned that he could well start booting the D3. As he was keen to fight 3 others he might also not be intimated by my 6ft7" frame & as I was going out for a meal, I wasn't really relishing the thought of a street brawl. Anyway, in the 30 odd seconds that had passed whilst I was thinking what to do, the other 3 had decided that enough was enough & run at the tw*t who is still propped against the D3, wrestle him to the ground, at which point his foot or feet smash into the D3 & proceed to drunkenly kick the sh*t out of him.
There are many onlookers now, some of them obviously calling the Police. I decided that I'm not that keen to have my D3 used as a prop for 4 fighting lads, so I quickly back up, drive around the corner & park up. Walking back to the scene 2 Police cars come screaming up, but only the tw*t was left crying on the pavement. As there were several witnesses on the street & a load more looking out of the window of a pub opposite, I chose to just carry on walking to the restaurant. When I returned to the D3 I could make out a few scuff marks & a dent, all in the small area between the plastic arch & the front of the D3, fortunately not on the edge of the bonnet.
Should easily be fixed by the likes of Dentmaster etc, still going to cost about £60-100 though, I bet Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post #11238222nd Dec 2006 1:27 am
SN

Not being pessimistic but were there any CCTV cameras watching? Your D3 and its reg may be picked out .... Confused
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #11239222nd Dec 2006 9:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ouch!
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #11242622nd Dec 2006 10:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I'm sure that it would have been possible to eventually get some compensation, but the prospect of endless hours of red tape, court hearings etc. etc. doesn't appeal at all. Quite frankly I'd be better off spending the time working.
I had a close look at it in the cold light of day this a.m. It's worse than I initially thought with 2 small dents that are creased.
Does anyone know if you can access the inside of the wing from the wheel arch? It doesn't look as if you can get to it from the engine bay very easily.
Just glad that my daughter wasn't in the car, it was only 6.30p.m, she would have been very upset by it all.

Post #11254022nd Dec 2006 1:24 pm
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

So a good night had by all then Laughing
 HSE TDV6 Silver : "Avin it large"

www.lift-trucksolutions.co.uk 

Post #11254322nd Dec 2006 1:38 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Have you got protected no claims? Thats what fully comp insurance is for. Get any other dinks and scratches dealt with at the same time.

Post #11254822nd Dec 2006 1:48 pm
SN

The excess is the PITA though.... Evil or Very Mad
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #11255322nd Dec 2006 2:09 pm
LT

Gazavich wrote:
So a good night had by all then Laughing

Actually we did have a really good night. I'm sure I feel much better today than the tw*t that was last seen lying on the pavement crying Smile
It seems to be a tradition that some fate befalls one of my cars just before Xmas. Last Dec. my beloved supercharged V8 HSV was written off & I had to be cut out from the wreckage Shocked
It's funny, but although the D3 is only the second brand new car that I've owned, I'm really not that bothered by it getting bashed about a bit. I've still not got around to fixing the scrapped mirror cover, rarely clean it (inside or out) & I'm thinking that perhaps I'll not bother about these latest dents.
Must be a Land Rover thing as others here seem to have a similar attitude. Historically, I've always been pretty an*l about all my cars & bikes getting any damage fixesd asap & cleaning them regulary, guess Land Rovers are different.

Post #11255422nd Dec 2006 2:16 pm
SN

LT - I know what you mean ...
Post #11255622nd Dec 2006 2:18 pm
LT

qzdcg8 wrote:
The excess is the PITA though.... Evil or Very Mad

Correct, I can't recall what my excess is, but more than the cost of Dentmaster, I'd bet. ( I hope anyway)
Possibly trading it in in March/Apri,l so I'll probably wait a bit & get all the work done at once or not if I can get away with it.

Post #11255822nd Dec 2006 2:21 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I know what you mean. I can be pretty pedantic about cleaning mine when the weather suits, and when I do clean it I do it thoroughly.

I also think the D3 looks very cool when its very dirty. Mine is filthy at the moment, the wheels are black, it has salt stripes up the bonnet, the lights are all hazy, the rear is extremely dirty, but it looks cool 8)

Post #11255922nd Dec 2006 2:21 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Gareth wrote:

I also think the D3 looks very cool when its very dirty. 8)

I do agree, especially Java Black when its all shiney and then you get a good splattering of mud. the combination of shiney black and dull dried mud does look the part. But no doubt Silveries will think theirs is better..maybe we should start a poll.."what looks best mucky- Black or Silver" any takers??

Java Black V Zambezi Silver

[am i goading you silveries or what]
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #11256522nd Dec 2006 2:39 pm
LT

No need for a poll, dented & dirty Java Black D3's are the coolest, everyone knows that Laughing

Oh no not again Thud

Post #11257522nd Dec 2006 2:56 pm
Pelyma

England 

We have a really good hand car wash down the road, they charge a fiver, even a mini valet incuding polishing is only £30, means I haven't cleaned mine in a loong time!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #11259122nd Dec 2006 3:50 pm
DiscoStu

England 

ronp wrote:
Gareth wrote:

I also think the D3 looks very cool when its very dirty. 8)

I do agree, especially Java Black when its all shiney and then you get a good splattering of mud

Like this?

Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #11261922nd Dec 2006 7:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >