Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Disco4 as a family car for 7 ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

My sister has 4 children, and they had a 806(?) till their children ranged from 6 to 14 ish. Once they got to that age they upgraded to a Caravelle (previous shape) and felt liberated. Much more leg room, loads of boot space and the children found it much nicer as a passenger. I would think as a family car it would beat my D3 for 4 children due to boot space and practicalities. D3 / D4 much better to drive but Caravelle very different but has charm of it's own. It's noisy and slow, but has a fun factor of it's own, plus you still have one spare seat.
 TDV6 HSE Lux (2014MY)
TDV6 HSE (2006MY - owned for 9 years and 150,000! - now replaced)
Mini Cooper SD 5 door
TVR Chimaera 450
Series II 1960 Diesel 

Post #66632029th Jun 2010 11:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andybrad

You are all laudably honest. I just had to double check I wasn't on the Caravelle owners club forum Very Happy

Post #66632429th Jun 2010 11:30 pm
Supercharged

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

We have both the Disco 4 and the Caravelle because - to be honest - I don't want to drive the Caravelle all the time. The Caravelle is definitely the ultimate vehicle for space and beats the Disco every time for that specific reason. I just wanted a D4 and use it all the time for business and pleasure, and find it fantastically practical except for the issue of ultimate space to carry lots of people and luggage. I suppose I can also afford both so why not Rolling with laughter

My wife prefers to drive the Caravelle to the Disco ( Shocked ) but she also has a Golf for daily use ...

Overall if you need the space now get the Caravelle (4motion if you can) and keep the D4 for later, and look forward to it!
 Paul

D4 HSE Zermatt Silver / Ebony 

Post #66652630th Jun 2010 2:39 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

How about a Merc Viano, loads of different versions, good engines, flexible seating, loadsa space.

7 in a Disco works really well, I regularly have seven adults in mine and it's still comfortable for long distances.

My little ones fight over the third row, and sometimes I've had two in the very back and the 2nd row empty Laughing
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #66653230th Jun 2010 3:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
luvbus

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Lugano TealDiscovery 3

You could always:-

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic52486.html?highlight=

Wink

Don't be put off the 'vans'. I've got a LWB trafic with 5 seats & it is only a bit longer than the D3 so a standard length Trafic/VW/Vivaro is easy as small as a D4/D3 and uses half the juice and virtually half the road tax. Even if mine had another row of 3 seats in it it would still have more load space than the D3, it handles better too!!
 Club N.E.R.D.s  
Post #66673730th Jun 2010 10:57 pm
chopdogs

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

My sister's family is 6 strong plus medium dog. They discounted the Disco as the boot was too small with third row seats up. Bought a Merc GL instead. It's huge - put some tracks on and and it would be a tank. And yes, they own an oil company (really!)
 14 Disco 4 HSE  
Post #6675182nd Jul 2010 6:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >