Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Discomadness's MY07 D3 HSE aka the shed thread.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 41 of 43 <123 ... 40 414243>
Discomadness

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

gstuart wrote:
Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Ref the fault code

Looked it up and comes up with

P0263 - Cylinder 1 Contribution/Balance Fault

Possible causes
Dirty Fuel Injector 1
Faulty Fuel Injector 1
Plugged Fuel Injector 1
Fuel injector 1 harness is open or shorted
Fuel injector 1 circuit poor electrical connection

https://www.engine-codes.com/p0263.html

Injector harness looks like part number LR006465, but sit down as it retails at £1200, can u bell out the existing loom wire by wire to ensure it’s sound

Hi mate !

Wow you been busy !

I’m thinking wiring as I know it’s not faulty injector. I’ve tried a new one and a good known second hand one etc. I believe it’s wiring related.

Sorry to sound like a fool but what do you mean Bell the wires out ? Continuity test is it ?
Crikey didn’t realise it was a separate harness. The plot thickens eh.

The pipes are ok I think.

I’ll have a nose in the morning to trace the wiring through. Thumbs Up

Hiya

Another thought , have u tried running the engine with an external diesel can, to eliminate the fuel tank fuel

Plus are these ur injectors plse , thks , Siemens 4H-2Q-9K546AEG1-UHF

Is it right the injectors between an EU3 and EU4 are different , EU4 HPFP runs at higher pressure on a 07 , not 100% on that though , suppose I was just thinking to ensure the injectors were indeed EU4 because of the year

I’ll get my coat Whistle

Mine are the euro 4 injectors mate, I haven’t tried running from a can, never even thought of it to be honest because of the In tank pump, I was worried about annoying the management system in some way. Also I have done a leak back test and all the injectors were giving back about the same amount.

Don’t know if that means anything though. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

Current : D3 2007 HSE - AKA the lemon
-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs
-club body off rebuild. TWICE. 

Post #20341265th Mar 2019 5:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hiya

Suppose I was thinking if running off a can with fresh diesel would eliminate the existing fuel that’s in the tank and filter

If there was a change and ran smoothly would indicate there’s not an issue with the injector or wiring but back towards the tank and fuel

Alas just a side thought and don’t know what the other members might think doing the above

Ohms test , u disconnect the main battery first , then use the leads from the multimeter , put one test lead on one end of the loom and other test lead on the matching other end wire, so can see the wire then has continuity from one end to the other and isn’t broke

along with if u check all the pins on ur ecm , where the injector loom plugs in as ur know there’s no breaks in the wires after testing them with the multimeter

Don’t know how much that’s helps u

Post #20341415th Mar 2019 5:47 pm
timmyt79

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Ref the fault code

Possible causes
Dirty Fuel Injector 1
Faulty Fuel Injector 1
Plugged Fuel Injector 1

Injector harness looks like part number LR006465, but sit down as it retails at £1200, can u bell out the existing loom wire by wire to ensure it’s sound

Hi mate !

Wow you been busy !

I’m thinking wiring as I know it’s not faulty injector. I’ve tried a new one and a good known second hand one etc. I believe it’s wiring related.

Sorry to sound like a fool but what do you mean Bell the wires out ? Continuity test is it ?

Hiya

Another thought , have u tried running the engine with an external diesel can, to eliminate the fuel tank fuel

Is it right the injectors between an EU3 and EU4 are different , EU4 HPFP runs at higher pressure on a 07 , not 100% on that though , suppose I was just thinking to ensure the injectors were indeed EU4 because of the year

I’ll get my coat Whistle

Mine are the euro 4 injectors mate, I haven’t tried running from a can, never even thought of it to be honest because of the In tank pump, I was worried about annoying the management system in some way. Also I have done a leak back test and all the injectors were giving back about the same amount.

Been following your post since the start..keep it up and great watching you and Garry exchange posts..he is like you own parts dictionary at the moment! Rolling with laughter (hope back gets better soon mate Thumbs Up )
Anyway back to point...ref using a can..it would indeed work and doubt it would mess with the electrics..but then again this is a disco!...BUT..make sure you have some sort of in line filter if your going to bypass the one on car!Dont want crap going straight to injectors! Big Cry Censored Rolling with laughter If you spotted one of my previous topics i had an issue with what i thought was possibly teh in tank pump again..turned out to be the schraeder valve leaking and drawing air into system...currently i have removed it and bypassed with some hose until i find a suitable replacement..its running great at moment (oh no iv done it now! Banging Head ) But my thought was you could easily warm the pipes going to and from the valve on yours,remove them and run a temp bypass with a feed from a can,through an in line filter and direct into the lp fuel system.You would need to remove fuse for in tank pump of course.Just a thought...

Post #20341515th Mar 2019 6:21 pm
Discomadness

Hi budd,

I get you, I did fit a brand new tccm back in August. I’m convinced it’s wiring. Don’t know why I just have a feeling. What sort of resistance values should I be looking at ? Continuity I’ve always done with the “beep” setting. I’m not the best with electronics. Laughing it’s all confusing. Laughing

In other news...

Picked up hub upper and lower bushes for the rear and some other bits, looking forward to attacking the back end. Mechanical work I can do. Electronics.... not so much. Lol.

Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #20341625th Mar 2019 7:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discomadness

timmyt79 wrote:
Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Ref the fault code

Possible causes
Dirty Fuel Injector 1
Faulty Fuel Injector 1
Plugged Fuel Injector 1

Hi mate !

Wow you been busy !

Hiya

I’ll get my coat Whistle

Been following your post since the start..keep it up and great watching you and Garry exchange posts..he is like you own parts dictionary at the moment! Rolling with laughter (hope back gets better soon mate Thumbs Up )
Anyway back to point...ref using a can..it would indeed work and doubt it would mess with the electrics..but then again this is a disco!...BUT..make sure you have some sort of in line filter if your going to bypass the one on car!Dont want crap going straight to injectors! Big Cry Censored Rolling with laughter If you spotted one of my previous topics i had an issue with what i thought was possibly teh in tank pump again..turned out to be the schraeder valve leaking and drawing air into system...currently i have removed it and bypassed with some hose until i find a suitable replacement..its running great at moment (oh no iv done it now! Banging Head ) But my thought was you could easily warm the pipes going to and from the valve on yours,remove them and run a temp bypass with a feed from a can,through an in line filter and direct into the lp fuel system.You would need to remove fuse for in tank pump of course.Just a thought...

Hiya buddy !

That’s a good point actually. Could a small air draw do it ? Interesting. What I find interesting is that it doesn’t matter that I’ve swapped the injectors around etc fitted a new one and moved it about and the values all stay the same so really it can’t be injectors.... can it ? Ah who knows. Sure these Landrover’s are not made in production lines. I’m convinced they are born of witchcraft. They must be. Laughing

Really greatful of any ideas and advice. Gives me an idea of direction to go in. Thanks Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #20341635th Mar 2019 7:08 pm
gstuart

Discomadness wrote:
Hi budd,

I get you, I did fit a brand new tccm back in August. I’m convinced it’s wiring. Don’t know why I just have a feeling. What sort of resistance values should I be looking at ? Continuity I’ve always done with the “beep” setting. I’m not the best with electronics. Laughing it’s all confusing. Laughing

In other news...

Picked up hub upper and lower bushes for the rear and some other bits, looking forward to attacking the back end. Mechanical work I can do. Electronics.... not so much. Lol.

Thumbs Up

Hi mate

Ur just looking for continuity on the wires so indeed a beep should sound as u test each wire

At least then testing each and every wire in the loom u then know it’s sound, inc inspection of the pins

I’ll see if I can find the PIN numbers for u, so u know 100% it’s ok

Keep up the good work good sir Bow down

Post #20341695th Mar 2019 7:19 pm
gstuart

Hi timmyt79

Many thks firnthe kind compliment , have been trying to keep disco going with finding parts for him Rolling with laughter

Can’t have him slacking off u know Whistle

Plus it gives me something to do and appreciate the good wishes ref my back Thumbs Up

Great the can idea hopefully won’t screw the system up, suppose a way of eliminating the system step by step , putting the can up high and indeed good point pulling the fuse for the tank pump and using an inline filter

Will find if I can the PIN numbers of the injector loom as I thought then at least if that’s fully tested should show up any errors

Thks again

Post #20341705th Mar 2019 7:24 pm
timmyt79

Discomadness wrote:
timmyt79 wrote:
Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Ref the fault code

Possible causes
Dirty Fuel Injector 1
Faulty Fuel Injector 1
Plugged Fuel Injector 1

Hi mate !

Wow you been busy !

Hiya

I’ll get my coat Whistle

Hiya buddy !

That’s a good point actually. Could a small air draw do it ? Interesting. What I find interesting is that it doesn’t matter that I’ve swapped the injectors around etc fitted a new one and moved it about and the values all stay the same so really it can’t be injectors.... can it ? Ah who knows. Sure these Landrover’s are not made in production lines. I’m convinced they are born of witchcraft. They must be. Laughing

Really greatful of any ideas and advice. Gives me an idea of direction to go in. Thanks Thumbs Up

I would say YES...its amazing how many problems just a small air leak can cause Censored Big Cry I work with 800hp Caterpillar marine engines and they are VERY susceptible..especially at night..in a storm at sea! Rolling with laughter
My schraeder valve was only dripping/leaking slightly but caused all sorts of headaches...would start ok and run fine but as soon as you stopped and left it for literally a few minutes nada...no chance of restarting without bleeding the whole system..hopefully before the battery drained!
Maybe a new avenue to explore,plus it doesnt cost anything more than time!
Any questions feel free to ask

Post #20341725th Mar 2019 7:26 pm
timmyt79

gstuart wrote:
Hi timmyt79

Many thks firnthe kind compliment , have been trying to keep disco going with finding parts for him Rolling with laughter

Can’t have him slacking off u know Whistle

Plus it gives me something to do and appreciate the good wishes ref my back Thumbs Up

Great the can idea hopefully won’t screw the system up, suppose a way of eliminating the system step by step , putting the can up high and indeed good point pulling the fuse for the tank pump and using an inline filter

Will find if I can the PIN numbers of the injector loom as I thought then at least if that’s fully tested should show up any errors

Thks again

Your more than welcome..always found you to be very kind and willing to help so good on you Thumbs Up Bow down
As i mentioned in post...air leak hunting costs nothing more than time...lots cheaper than new injectors etc!
Hey if your bored feel free to find the part number for the schraeder valve..i cant find one anywhere! Laughing

Post #20341775th Mar 2019 7:30 pm
gstuart

Wiring manual pdf , just press download after you’ve opened it via the link

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AODf...mp;o=OneUp

Plus didn’t realise number 1 injector was at the front Laughing

Post #20341795th Mar 2019 7:33 pm
gstuart

Hi

Just adding some details for u ref the injectors and PIN numbers on the ECM

Here u go

This one says about having 2 x O rings on each injector

Electronic engine controls

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AODf...mp;o=OneUp

Post #20341855th Mar 2019 7:45 pm
gstuart

Wiring diagram for injectors

Plus enclosed where the number relate to the injector numbers , ie 0 is number 1 on the wiring diagram

So if u look at the colour of the wires at the injector and then look at the ECM for same colour wires

Can then disconnect the battery , remove the number 1 inj connector and also plug at ECM, then use a multimeter to see if u have continuity between the two ends of each connectors

Plus with both connectors disconnected can then ensure the pins arnt bent and nice and clean

Hope that makes sense

Post #20341935th Mar 2019 8:13 pm
gstuart

Also I see that each injector should get 12 volts from the ECM

Does anyone know if this can be tested please with the engine running by putting a multimeter probe into the back of the injector connector to ensure number 1 is indeed getting 12 volts

Many thks

Post #20341995th Mar 2019 8:24 pm
Discomadness

Shocked

That’s a lot to digest !

I’ll have a read and get back to you mate. Can’t believe how much help you give Gary. You should be knighted ! Awesome.

Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #20342105th Mar 2019 9:05 pm
gstuart

Shucks ur make me blush Rolling with laughter

Hope it becomes useful to u , hopefully are able to see if it’s possible to use a meter on the back of the injectors

Post #20342225th Mar 2019 9:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 41 of 43 <123 ... 40 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >