Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Discounts!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I have no idea what the membership requirements are, but I don't think that owning at least 100 acres is, or was ever, a requirement. They might require a SPS SBI or holding number to become a Farmer/Grower member, which you need to be to get the LR discount.

However, I suggest that you might get clearer guidance directly from the NFU on your eligibility.

Unless they extend their scheme, it won't be a great deal of use to you against a factory order; cars must be registered by the end of 2009.

Also, you might be able to secure a better discount, and achieve your double digit benchmark, if you didn't roll up an offer at Murano in PX....... Wink

Post #54069726th Oct 2009 10:31 pm
dejongj

United Kingdom 

The Murano has nothing to do with the discount on the purchase price, seperate negotiations...Most local LR dealers don't know what to do with it, some never heard of it...Some react quite snooty to it, like others do Wink Sure it would hide behind a tree and cry when it sees a muddy field...But I don't need a car to go cross country, and if I did I would use a proper offroader like a Navara pickup truck for that Laughing On the road you can't beat it though, don't knock it until you've tried it...Only the second other car to get 5 stars from the Times automotive column...
 Jean-Paul  
Post #54070126th Oct 2009 10:37 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

MW wrote:
I have managed to achieve a total of 12% off for delivery pre 2010, 7% of local stealer and another 5% off NFU for a 175 joining fee, and then with the landrover finance I think I should get about another 2K-2.5K if I tie this up with a bond for 2 years. SO about total 7K saving.

If you get an NFU discount, I'm reasonably certain you can't also have any other LR driven offers, eg 60:40 0% finance etc.
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #54070426th Oct 2009 10:37 pm
dejongj

United Kingdom 

Cheers that is interesting to know...Luckily I don't require those kind of offers....
 Jean-Paul  
Post #54070526th Oct 2009 10:39 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

Good thing, then, that you are only reasonably certain......

Post #54070626th Oct 2009 10:39 pm
Calcul@tor

Why...? Am I wrong??
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #54070726th Oct 2009 10:42 pm
Calcul@tor

From NFU leaflet:

The 5% discount is in addition to any discount negotiated with the dealer, but can not be used
in conjunction with the Land Rover Loyalty or Sales Programs
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #54071226th Oct 2009 10:43 pm
Calcul@tor

Also, this NFU leaflet:

http://www.nfuonline.com/Documents/Members...June09.pdf

still refers to April 2010
 D4 XS MY12 Galway 

Last edited by Calcul@tor on 26th Oct 2009 10:52 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #54071526th Oct 2009 10:47 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

ac wrote:
Why...? Am I wrong??
Wink

And those T&Cs have been replaced. Look here: http://www.nfuonline.com/Documents/Members..._Oct09.pdf

Post #54071826th Oct 2009 10:51 pm
Calcul@tor

2 lots of T&Cs on the same site...

ALthough I accept it does look like current ones refer to December cut off - which isn't great, given the delivery estimates currently.
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #54072026th Oct 2009 10:54 pm
V8NOT

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Don't forget also that it is quite conceivable that Landrover is concentrating on selling into foreign markets while the Sterling exchange rate is low against the likes of the Euro. This may partly help explain the lack of stock being produced for the UK at the moment. If I was them I would be selling as much as possible where the exchange rate provides a profit advantage and only use whatever production capacity is left for the UK, and if that means only building to order then so be it.

You can also start to see some of this with the likes of BMW cutting their incentives on things like the X5. It is consistent with withdrawing offers in order to compensate for the exchange rate working against them - so in effect increasing the real price without anyone realising or at least including it in any inflation figures.

It would be entirely consistent to see European manufacturers only importing to order and/or on a reduced scale, and UK based manufacturers concentrating on export opportunities while the exchange rate is in their favour. Either way, UK stock may reduce for a while and when you add in all the perfectly good older cars paid to be scrapped, you end up with a much lower volume of cars available on the second hand market which may support secondhand prices for a year or two. As a friend of mine says - they don't make second hand cars!

Then again, if the recession carries on for much longer and the value of the Euro catches up with Sterling then things may turn around again quite quickly? Question
 V8NOT - because it's a diesel of course!  
Post #54073326th Oct 2009 11:19 pm
elemental

Switzerland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

V8NOT wrote:
it is quite conceivable that Landrover is concentrating on selling into foreign markets while the Sterling exchange rate is low against the likes of the Euro. ... and if that means only building to order then so be it. Question

You may be right but if you spec a car in a certain way it has to be built to order anyway. Mine will be built in January (ordered this week). If you happen to order a car combo that is in stock the dealer network will supply it from stock.

Here in Switzerland, LR have just introduced a low interest rate for leases, but it only applies to cars registered before Xmas, which means you take a car which is already here and in stock. This special deal works out at around 5% discount over the max term of 4 years.

Also, any exporter/importer will invest in currency hedging (one way or the other) to mitigate any potential negative fx effects. So the favourable weakness of the £ won't have such a dramatic effect as they'll be losing on their hedges, but a sudden reversal won't be the end of the world either as they'll cash in on the hedge.

Any 'shortage' of cars is a natural consequence of a build in demand as the marketing machine moves into action. But 3 months lead on a factory build is pretty standard anyway I would say. It might be harder to spec a Golf, say, in such a way as to require it to be built to order, but if you manage it I can't see it taking much less time than that.

Post #54075927th Oct 2009 7:38 am
Calcul@tor

Does anyone know for certain yet if raising an invoice prior to 31 Dec is possible and whether dealers can/will do it?
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #54167028th Oct 2009 9:59 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Unnecessary quote removed

Why not ask the dealer your bartering with?
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #54167128th Oct 2009 9:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Calcul@tor

I have. They're not sure and have asked LR. I can't see what LR have to do with it really as I'm buying from them not LR - but they seem to think it will be up to LR. Apparently as lots of people are asking.
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #54170828th Oct 2009 10:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >