Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Discovery 15MY Product Bulletin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
redsails

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Discovery 15MY Product Bulletin

Been a long time away from the forum, thought I'd dip my toe again and share something I found interesting...

The time has come to bite the bullet and say goodbye to my beloved 08MY TDV6 SE Sad. So spent an interesting two and a half hours this week at my local east coast LR dealership, mulling over “change-over pricing” and whether to buy a 14MY TDV6 off the floor at EOFY “Event” pricing, or order a new build 15MY Banging Head .

It got interesting when I had to explain to the dealer how the LR factory shuts down production each July to retool the line for the next MY model build starting in August (read it somewhere on the UK forum). He didn’t quite seem to believe me and so after confirming it on the dealership computer thingy, produced the LR Australia Product Bulletin for the Discovery 15MY, which had just been sent out to all dealerships.

It got even more interesting when he insisted I have a read, as it explained the key differences between the 14MY and 15MY builds in all model derivatives. And in an effort to convince me to sign up on the spot for the 14MY on the showroom floor, he was also happy to share the new 15MY factory directive on pricing strategies laid out in the Product Bulletin Whistle .

It was explained to me that basically LR sell a shirt load of the base TDV6 and the high end HSE derivatives, but comparatively few of the SDV6 and V6SC SE’s. So in an effort to “close the gap” and “make the walk” (luv that marketing babble speak Rolling with laughter ) between the base TDV6 and the SE’s, pricing on one would go up and selected features on the other would become standard at no fee. This would make the SE a “more compelling proposition” than just adding options on a TDV6 to a similar spec, with the overall price difference between the two dropping from $12,500 to $3,000.

The HSE derivatives would also be offered with selected features as standard to “maintain the value walk” (too much walking, me thinks someone should flag down a bus…).

So, I came away with the understanding that the:
15MY TDV6 specifications remain the same as the 14MY, but there will be a total pricing increase of $1,800 on selected base options and the most popular features.

15MY SE derivatives will be offered with no charge for Xenon headlamps, rear view camera and Meridian sound system features.

15MY HSE derivatives will be offered with no charge for keyless entry and full length roof rails.

There are also changes in exterior colours, trim, adaptive cruise control and leather steering wheel options, plus a funky new 20” 5-split spoke alloy option taken from the XXV LE.

Now, I just gotta sell my 08MY… Big Cry
 Jeff

08MY TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver, ARB front bar w/ IPF spots, Kaymar rear bar & wheel carrier, LR running boards, Rhino cross-bars, Mitchel Bros hitch, Prodigy brake controller, Long Ranger 104lit aux tank, Safari snorkel, Traxide SC80-12 dual battery kit w/ Optima Yellow Top D34, ARB air compressor, 4x4 Intelligence cargo barrier, OL drawers, GME TX3440 UHF, Inmarsat phone, 18” Cooper H/T Plus 265/60R18 on factory alloys for work, 17” Cooper S/T LT245/70R17 on Dynamic 17x8 steels for fun 

Post #130432029th Jun 2014 4:08 am
Wildrover

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

A nice read thanks for sharing
Will the low ratio box be back on 2015 model as standard?
 2007 D3 HSE Artic Frost Silverish
Wandering Aussie-Looking for SUN

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional. 

Post #130437329th Jun 2014 10:47 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Quote:

Question

Has there ever been an option in any market not to have a low ratio box???
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #130437729th Jun 2014 10:53 am
euangibson

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

I think that was the new RRS that the low-ratio box became an option on ? Thumbs Up
 "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt" ?.....what rubbish...

Locking rear E-diff
RLD spare wheel protector & sump guard
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Black side tubes,grill and vents
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE
D3 Java 2005 SE manual (sold,sadly,thanks for the memories)
1966 '88 Series 2a....still starts in the morning better than I do... 

Post #130438229th Jun 2014 10:57 am
Wildrover

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

In the 14 model in Ireland it doesn't have low box as standard at least my mates I drove Sunday didn't have one
Maybe as it is sold a 5 seat commercial?
 2007 D3 HSE Artic Frost Silverish
Wandering Aussie-Looking for SUN

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional. 

Post #130438329th Jun 2014 11:06 am
redsails

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Wildrover wrote:

The Product Bulletin doesn't go into that level of detail. It's fairly high level for a new MY model strategy directive from the factory to their dealerships... Confused
 Jeff

08MY TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver, ARB front bar w/ IPF spots, Kaymar rear bar & wheel carrier, LR running boards, Rhino cross-bars, Mitchel Bros hitch, Prodigy brake controller, Long Ranger 104lit aux tank, Safari snorkel, Traxide SC80-12 dual battery kit w/ Optima Yellow Top D34, ARB air compressor, 4x4 Intelligence cargo barrier, OL drawers, GME TX3440 UHF, Inmarsat phone, 18” Cooper H/T Plus 265/60R18 on factory alloys for work, 17” Cooper S/T LT245/70R17 on Dynamic 17x8 steels for fun 

Post #130440829th Jun 2014 12:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >