Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Discovery 3, does it make any sense?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
catweasel

as far as surveys go this sites a pretty good indicator of it's true worth.
dickgriff wrote:
a recent poll for Which? showed that the Discovery was the 3rd most most loved car with 92% of owners saying they would recommend one to a freind Wink
If DG didn't put it there I would have and before you ask I just love the D3. DickyH I agree with you, DG should be on the payroll aswell as many others as this site and it's info is priceless and has helped many to purchase. took it around last night to show my boss and he will never rib me again and now wishes he had one too. I have an 06MY and although it's only done close to 2000km's it's faultless apart from the fact that seven seats are not enough as everyone wants a ride. must haves as far as I'm concerned are air suspension, xenons, auto, leather electric seats, diesel and for me rear air and also to be single then you don't have to share Crying or Very sad  
Post #8516113th Sep 2006 8:37 am
sgtbilko

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I’ve had an HSE TDV6 for about 3 weeks now. I bought a 9 month old ’06 model from within the dealer network.

The D3 is a bit of a compromise. My family love it, there’s plenty of room for my 3 kids and it’s pleasant to drive. However, for refinement, build quality and general driver interaction it’s nota patch on the my previous car, a Merc E320 CDI. (If you could fit three car seats easily across the
back of the Merc I’d I’ve bought an E-Class Estate.)

The D3 is a lot of different things to a lot of people. So I guess the real question is what do you want from the car? A people carrier? An executive car? Off road ability? I’d suggest that if you need only one of the above then there may well be better options available. I bought it because I wanted the practicality of the people carrier with the refinement of an executive car. I was looking for a large car with a low key image that fitted 3 car seats on the rear bench.

I’m not convinced the specification is too important for resale. There doesn’t seem to be a norm, probably because the car appeals to a diverse range of people. My advice is choose the extra’s that are important to you and that you can afford. You’ll never really get the money back for them at the time of resale.

I’ve a 10 point list of electrical and mechanical issues that need to be looked at by the dealer after only 1’000 miles of driving. My Merc was one of the first cars of the production line and the only item that failed in
3 years and 50k miles that I owned was a rear light unit. My D3 may well turn out to be like the Alpha Romeo I used to own a car that I loved, but it was in the garage every other month for one reason or another. In the end common sense prevailed and we parted company.

Mark

Post #8521613th Sep 2006 11:36 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >