Discovery 5 Commercial
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

crews control wrote:
DG wrote:
There is a simple answer ...they are selling more motors than at anytime in their history Smile :

There must have been a year when BL sold more Allegros than any other?
Does that mean they were doing the right thing!

Although brilliant off road... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73rKQXCRHeA

Go and wash your mouth out Laughing
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #165744820th May 2016 10:20 pm
D4Comm

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Was also told that Disco 5 Commercial won't be an option and this model would be covered by the Defender in its many guises.

I started with a Freelander Commercial, then another one, followed by a D2 Commercial, D3 Commercial, D4 Commercial and now another D4 Comm MY2016. I love them. They do the job well and there is nothing on the market to replace it if I had to change tomorrow. I'm regularly off road with work and tow most days with the cargo space fully loaded. Nor do I like to hang about so it ticks every box for me.

I'm not making a judgement on the D5 until I see it in the flesh but feel its lost some identity with its new look. Easy assignment for the D5 designer IMO.

If they don't do a D5 Comm I'll live with it, and to be honest I'm not sure the price would be at a level I would want to go to, largely from the message it puts out to our customers. Most think my latest D4Comm was around £50k when it was considerably less. My latest Disco however, was more than double the price of the one I bought 11 years earlier. It's a lot of money for a van, but I usually get a good chunk back when we sell.

I certainly wouldn't want to go to a Double Cab pick up and doubt I will. Volvo have just started to do a Commercial version of the XC90 but I'm not a lover of it. Unfortunately there just isn't the Commercial variants there used to be. They're a very tax friendly way for business users of getting into great motor.

Keeping my fingers crossed that LR come up with a pick up beating Defender. I fancy something based around the configuration of the 110 Utility but with a completely new, rugged, utilitarian look and a V6 or even better TDV8. They need to go the extra mile and build something like the Dodge Ram of Europe, just with a few models and options. Stick it in at £25-£30k with cooking model spec at around £23k for the army and utility companies.

Post #170419410th Sep 2016 10:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
J77

Scotland 

Is the XC90 a genuine Volvo conversion or a Nene Overland job?
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #170420310th Sep 2016 10:23 pm
D4Comm

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Its with Nene Overland. All their previous Commercial conversions have been there own aftermarket ones but this one seems to have the seal of approval from Volvo UK though??

http://www.neneoverland.co.uk/nene-news/ne...-and-xc60/

Post #170420510th Sep 2016 10:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >